Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Junk Removal From Yard-Brooklyn-URGENT

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Aug 23 2016, 5:23 pm
Got a violation from the city for my backyard which has pieces of wood and debris etc and needs to be cleaned. If I don't get it cleaned up the city will clean it and charge me a mint.
It is not a very big area. Some overgrown weeds have been cut and need to be collected etc. Can anyone recommend someone to do this?

gp2.0

Post Tue, Aug 23 2016, 7:00 pm
1800 got junk?

Honestly this sounds like cleanup you can do on your own. Sanitation will take pieces of wood if they're tied up with string or tape in a bundle that's not too heavy, say 5 pieces of wood per bundle, and not too long, 5 or 6 feet.

Weeds and debris can be put into black trash bags and put out for sanitation. Just don't overfill and make sure you can lift them easily. If they're too heavy they won't take them. Don't put out too many bags at once. If you have more than 3-4, save some for the next week.

I've used this method to get rid of wood, bricks, metal, tiles, pipes, branches, weeds and more.

Officially, Mondays are for metal-based garbage and Thursdays are for all other bulk garbage. But my Monday guys are usually more willing to take extra stuff and my Thursday guys are pickier. (They're supposed to take it legally, sometimes they just don't feel like it.)

Eta: just remembered days are different in different areas obviously. Recycling day is for metal garbage. The other day is for bulk garbage.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Aug 23 2016, 8:02 pm
OP Here. Thanks for your input. It can be done on my own but prefer to pay someone to do it. 1800 got junk. seems to be very expensive from the reviews I've seen. Just trying to see if anyone can recommend someone to help me out here...It's not such a big deal but I'm not about to do it and my DH is busy at work and has no time!

gp2.0

Post Tue, Aug 23 2016, 8:39 pm
What's your price range? What kind of junk is there except wood and weeds? If there's metal sometimes a scrap metal/rubbish removal would do it for you.

(Maybe I should do it for you. 😆 What are you paying?)

Amarante

Post Tue, Aug 23 2016, 8:44 pm
Or go on Craigslist and offer it as a temp job. There are probably lots of boys who wood be glad to do it for a reasonable amount.

Doesn't require skill although depending on what is there,Chey might need a truck to haul off.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Aug 23 2016, 9:14 pm
I got two guys who work in my local grocery to come clean up, and pack up the junk, in big black garbage bags. Took them about three hours . They wanted $80, between the two of them. Well worth it.

greenfire

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 12:39 pm
so how's the junk today ? have you found anybody ? or do you still need the help ...

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 3:52 pm
I hired a teenager on my block to clear our yard. teens are great for this kind of work.

livinginisrael

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 4:12 pm
My neighbor has some wood boards that are too big to put out. She has no one to cut them for her. Anyone know someone who would pick them up ?She will pay
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics