Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Tricking School into Accepting Unvaxxed Kids
  1  2  3  20  21  22  Next

Maya

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 7:32 pm
I saw this post on the other thread, and couldn't let it go unnoticed.

This is a horrible thing to do, and if you do this, you are a horrible human being.

I am sure this falls under the prohibition of geneivus daas, or something similar, and the hypocrisy of getting a "religious" exemption while trampling on one of the important tenets of this religion is astonishing.

You are not only putting all our kids at risk because of your stupidity, but you're also going about it in a despicable and sneaky way.
amother wrote:
where do yo live? I first got my kid accepted by the school. Once kids are accepted the school will usually ask for vax records. Then you give in your exemption. If they refuse you after that (because you don’t vax) I can give you contact info of someone (lawyer or so) who can help you fight it. either by redoing exemption or by claiming it as discrimination to board of ed.

tymama

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 8:07 pm
My dd was just diagnosed with JRA and she can't be around anyone who's not up to date on their vaccines because of the medications she's on. I would be extremely p.o.ed if I found out that the school said all kids were vaccinated and then some idiot mom sent her kid to school saying she was vaccinated but really not.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 8:08 pm
Maya wrote:
I saw this post on the other thread, and couldn't let it go unnoticed.

This is a horrible thing to do, and if you do this, you are a horrible human being.

I am sure this falls under the prohibition of geneivus daas, or something similar, and the hypocrisy of getting a "religious" exemption while trampling on one of the important tenets of this religion is astonishing.

You are not only putting all our kids at risk because of your stupidity, but you're also going about it in a despicable and sneaky way.

Completely not true. All public schools except religious exemption. Hashem commanded us to guard our health. It's our personal belief according to Torah what we feel fit to be considered as except able way of guarding our health. I personally have bad experience with vaxing. In addition My aunt died from anaphylaxis to shot. Now you have no right to call anti vaxers as stupid especially when anti vaxers are much more informed. Shame on you. If you concerned then keep your child in bubble. There are so many illnesses not covered by vaccines. Where is emuna in Hashem rather then government mandates.

Maya

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 8:11 pm
amother wrote:
Completely not true. All public schools except religious exemption. Hashem commanded us to guard our health. It's our personal belief according to Torah what we feel fit to be considered as except able way of guarding our health. I personally have bad experience with vaxing. In addition My aunt died from anaphylaxis to shot. Now you have no right to call anti vaxers as stupid especially when anti vaxers are much more informed. Shame on you. If you concerned then keep your child in bubble. There are so many illnesses not covered by vaccines. Where is emuna in Hashem rather then government mandates.

I stand by my stupid statement; Hashem invented vaccines for you to use, not rely just on the misguided notion of emunah without hishtadlus.

Besides that, my issue with this post is the way it is being done, in this underhanded and sneaky way, by involving lawyers to fight based on discrimination?! What the heck.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 8:11 pm
Which part of it is trickery? It's totally legal.

The schools are not allowed to reject it. They are misguiding people to believe that they can. The law in many states is that if you write up a proper religious exemption, they must accept it. The schools are going against the law by refusing to review them and if a parent wants to fight it, they have that right.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 8:15 pm
Totally legal. It is illegal to not accept a child solely because they are not vaxxed.

Maya

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 8:16 pm
amother wrote:
Totally legal. It is illegal to not accept a child solely because they are not vaxxed.

So why aren't you informing the school up front that your children are not vaccinated?! Why wait for them to reject you and then take legal action?

ally

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 8:34 pm
It is rather absurd to sue a school which is presumably of your religious affiliation for not recognizing your religious exemption.

It pretty much sums up what a load of **** the religious exemption is.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 8:39 pm
amother wrote:

You're totally right. Your many hours of googling and listening to other people's stories make you FAR more informed than doctors and scientists whose lives are devoted to this stuff. 🙄

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 8:44 pm
Maya wrote:
So why aren't you informing the school up front that your children are not vaccinated?! Why wait for them to reject you and them take legal action?

I actually did inform the schools I sent to that they were not vaxxed BEFORE they were accepted and had no issues.

tymama

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 8:47 pm
amother wrote:

The scientist from England who came up with the idea that vaccines cause all these problems was discredited and he apologized publicly. I don't know why you think you're smarter that doctors who went to school for years and years. googling information and stories about your aunt does not make you an expert

Maya

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 8:51 pm
amother wrote:
I actually did inform the schools I sent to that they were not vaxxed BEFORE they were accepted and had no issues.

This thread is not about you, unless you are the poster of my original post.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 8:52 pm
It is perfectly acceptable to expel children who don't follow the school rules as long as the rule is on the books.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 8:55 pm
Maya wrote:
So why aren't you informing the school up front that your children are not vaccinated?! Why wait for them to reject you and then take legal action?

Why does it matter? Why give the school a chance to illegally discriminate against me? I personally wouldn't sue to get my child into school but I also wouldn't mention it up front. I'll bring it up when they ask. It's on them to abide by the law.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 8:55 pm
Maya wrote:

When you tell them upfront, they will not accept your child into their school. They will send you a deceitful letter that says, "we are full for the upcoming school year. We don't have any space for your child (an outright lie). They will not send you a letter that says, due to your child's vaccination status, we cannot accept you into our school. Why won't they? Because it's illegal! So the safe thing to do is to wait until the child is accepted into the school. You have proof of acceptance and then you hand in your exemption. If they accept it, fine. If they reject, then you have a case. You aren't suing the school. You're making an appeal in court and fighting your case. The school has every right to challenge you and prove their case. If they are correct, they will win. If you are correct, you will win. It's completely fair.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 8:56 pm
amother wrote:
It is perfectly acceptable to expel children who don't follow the school rules as long as the rule is on the books.

Every state is different. In NY, if they school takes any government aid they have to accept a religious exemption. So no, as long as they are accepting the financial aid, it is not acceptable for them to expel children who are not vaccinated.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 8:57 pm
amother wrote:

The school has to follow government policies. They cannot make up their own rules when they are excepting government funding.

ahfc

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 9:02 pm
amother wrote:
Which part of it is trickery? It's totally legal.

The schools are not allowed to reject it. They are misguiding people to believe that they can. The law in many states is that if you write up a proper religious exemption, they must accept it. The schools are going against the law by refusing to review them and if a parent wants to fight it, they have that right.
[quote]

Actually, private schools do not need to accept religious exemptions. there are only a few things such as gender and race that a private school is federally required to abide by under discrimination law. Otherwise you are free to send your child to public school Smile I actually saw that the public school system in California is not allowing religious exemptions. This is probably because the ratio of unvaccinated kids in Calfornia schools is now a safety risk to everyone. Which is what happens when people selfishly depend on everyone else getting vaccinated to protect their unvaccinated kids.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 9:02 pm
amother wrote:
Every state is different. In NY, if they school takes any government aid they have to accept a religious exemption. So no, as long as they are accepting the financial aid, it is not acceptable for them to expel children who are not vaccinated.

If 90 something % of the parent body in a jewish only school vaccinate their kids then how is it a religious exemption?

miami85

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 9:12 pm
amother wrote:
When you tell them upfront, they will not accept your child into their school. They will send you a deceitful letter that says, "we are full for the upcoming school year. We don't have any space for your child (an outright lie). They will not send you a letter that says, due to your child's vaccination status, we cannot accept you into our school. Why won't they? Because it's illegal! So the safe thing to do is to wait until the child is accepted into the school. You have proof of acceptance and then you hand in your exemption. If they accept it, fine. If they reject, then you have a case. You aren't suing the school. You're making an appeal in court and fighting your case. The school has every right to challenge you and prove their case. If they are correct, they will win. If you are correct, you will win. It's completely fair.

It may be legally fair, however it stresses an already stretched budget of these institutions which affects tuitions of the rest of the student body which is morally and ethically unfair.

To the other poster, If you have medical or family history of reactions, then that is a MEDICAL reason, not a "religious" reason. MOST healthy individuals have NO reaction to the vaccines and it in GENERAL does much more good than harm. While the opposite is playing with fire.
Page 1 of 22   1  2  3  20  21  22  Next Recent Topics