Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Cholov yisroel formula options

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 11:52 am
I've seen materna back on the shelfs so is it really available everywhere again in the us? What other options are there instead of similar milk based? I have a newborn that I suppliment a bottle once or twice daily and trying to figure out my options. Thanks

cnc

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 12:07 pm
I wouldn't be comfortable using Materna. There have been too many recalls and safety issues with it.

Similac has liquid formula that's Cholov Yisroel.

cnc

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 12:09 pm
J and J also produces a CY formula called Sunrise.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 12:19 pm
cnc wrote:
I wouldn't be comfortable using Materna. There have been too many recalls and safety issues with it.

Similac has liquid formula that's Cholov Yisroel.

As per my info those issues pertaining the recalls were solved so why should there be any issue with Materna right now if they are back on the shelves? Similac's Cholov Yisroel bottles come in only 2 oz or bigger bottles but have to get used up fast. That's too expensive for me.
Sunrise I found to stain clothing. Isn't it?

cnc

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 2:55 pm
amother wrote:
As per my info those issues pertaining the recalls were solved so why should there be any issue with Materna right now if they are back on the shelves? Similac's Cholov Yisroel bottles come in only 2 oz or bigger bottles but have to get used up fast. That's too expensive for me.
Sunrise I found to stain clothing. Isn't it?

Materna is not FDA approved AFAIK so I wouldn't use it.
I had a different problem the last time I used Sunrise..I found that it didn't dissolve properly.

I ended up using non CY formula even though we are makpid on CY usually.

agreer

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 4:07 pm
I also use non-cy formula for my baby even though everything else in the house is cy.

chatz

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 4:30 pm
I used similac cholov yisroel liquid initially and then j&j sunrise cy powder formula for my twins.

I didnt have any issues with either product. I didn't notice the powder staining or not dissolving.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 4:33 pm
Baby's only organic formula. It's marketed as toddler formula but exactly the same as infant formula. I'm thrilled with the fact that it's organic. I'm horrified at the amount of corn syrup and other junk in other brands.

chatz

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 8:39 pm
I don't know about that particular brand, but toddler formula can lack some of the nutrients of infant formula. Amother above, did you look into it properly?

But yes, reading formula ingredients is not pleasant.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics