Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
The most awkward mistake text. EVER.
1  2  Next

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 9:22 pm
My 12 year old son has had a tutor the past 2 years. The guy is a frum guy in the neighborhood, married with kids. He's been working in my house with my son 2x a week for the past 2 years. The plan is to continue this year again. We've been texting each other the past few days working out the specifics of this year's schedule. This afternoon I receive the following text from him. It says "I'm very hor**. Can't wait to get my hands on you". I was horrified and shocked when I read it. About a minute later my phone rings and it's the tutor. He's profusely apologizing explaning that it was meant for his wife. I 100000% believe him. I'm just so upset that I think for a long time when we see each other we're both going to be embarrassed thinking about this awful text. I don't think there's anything to do but completely ignore it but I'm just so upset this happened. Is there anything I should do besides ignore it completely?

Carmen Luna

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 9:24 pm
OMG! mortifying.

PAMOM

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 9:25 pm
Nope--just act like it never happened.

sequoia

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 9:26 pm
Nope, nothing else. Ignore it completely.

sourstix

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 9:51 pm
Moral of the story. Before you text make sure you check who u are sending to double check even. It doesn't hurt.

momtra

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 9:52 pm
Be glad it wasn't the other way around b- I'm sure he's more mortified than you!

boysrus

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 9:56 pm
another perspective: with all the shalom bayis problems out there, be happy that he has such a happy marriage Smile
whatever the case, try to forget about it!

MamaBear

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 10:00 pm
Laugh about it. Out loud, right now. It's embarrassing for him, but shouldn't really be for you. Trust me, you'll forget about it soon enough.

jeweled

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 10:33 pm
I bet he'll never send a text like that again! Poor guy... and wife. On the other hand, we're all adults. Ignore it and sooner or later you'll forget about it.

jeweled

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 10:36 pm
And if it helps, it could have been wayyyy worse. He could have been explicit, sent a pic, brought up a memory, etc, etc.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 10:56 pm
I feel bad for him. Don't make it worse by acting awkward around him. Really if the text was intended for his wife there was nothing inappropriate about it. (Just to be safe though my DH and I avoid sending intimate texts to each other, mostly because our kids occasionally have access to our phone.)

Happydance

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 11:13 pm
my boss sent me a text yesterday "I have a special task for you today" he then apologized profusely for sounding weird. And then he kept bringing it up at work. "sorry, that sounded weird" etc etc.

I was thinking "just shut up about it already and stop making it more awkward than it has to be!!!!"

so my advice to you is dont make it more awkward than it has to be!

also, can your husband interact with him the next few sessions?

familyfirst

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 11:30 pm
Reassure him that it's ok- it's wonderful
He has such beautiful shalom bayis and move on.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 11:30 pm
It's pretty funny actually.... Maybe allow yourself to have a good laugh with your dh.... Dispell some of the awkwardness for yourself by just laughing....

libbas

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 11:38 pm
Ugh!! Thats bad. My insides cringed as I read your post..
We should be able undo any sent texts, within 30 seconds of sending it or something like that. Gmail has an undo button, that allows you to cancel sent emails up to a couple of seconds after sending it. I used it plenty of times-best thing ever.

daagahminayin

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 1:47 am
Moral of the story: don't send text messages to your spouse that you wouldn't want someone else reading.

dinatov

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 9:21 am
daagahminayin wrote:
Moral of the story: don't send text messages to your spouse that you wouldn't want someone else reading.

EXACTLY! Dh and I have a rule that we NEVER text each other s/t we wouldn't want s/o else reading by mistake.

debsey

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 9:24 am
Ouch..... I know u r going to try to act natural next time but I hope u r a great actress - I'd b mortified

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 9:28 am
If I would be you I wouldn't tell my dh about it. I dunno, you don't want him taking this the wrong way...

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 9:34 am
Poor guy.
You can just laugh it off but for him, your his boss. This must be mortifying.
This reminds me of when I txted my husband a grocery list and ended with some, um, private provocative stuff.....
His safe drive mode was on! And he was davening shemona esra and off goes his cell, "hey dear, here's the list we spoke about....." and it went off to list a few things. Luckily he was only trying out the safe drive app so it only read up to 20 words or so. (Fee to purchase the full app) So it stopped right before the other stuff...... he said it felt like he's free diving when he heard it go off....
Last time I texted stuff like that.....
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics