Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Any ideas? School bus transportation issue in Monsey

mirrorimage

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 7:06 pm
I know I am late, but just moved to Monsey and finally got my kids into school. I went down to the Transportation office (on New Hempstead Rd) today to get my kids school bus passes. I was told that I missed the deadline by 2 days and therefore no busing for us until september 19! Is there anything I can do about this? help.....

sourstix

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 7:14 pm
So that means you'll have to send them by car service for 2 weeks. If I were you I would look for a car service now because they get booked for other people. So don't push it off. I had to do this once and that's just something that can happen. Good luck. Before you know it it will be over.

mirrorimage

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 7:30 pm
My kids are too young so car service is not an option here. Is there a someone higher up there that I can speak to that can speed up the process to get those bus passes?

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 7:36 pm
There are a lot of kollel men and women that do transportation. Usually it's for playgroups or different car pools. Ask your neighbors or friends if they know someone that u would trust to do this for two weeks. I once needed transportation for two weeks and I contacted my aunt's niece that already drove a couple of kids there and she picked up mine as well.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 7:39 pm
Why wouldn't you just drive them? School doesn't start til after Labor Day, I wouldn't start begging favors from people to save myself a couple of weeks of driving

Maya

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 9:20 pm
mirrorimage wrote:
My kids are too young so car service is not an option here. Is there a someone higher up there that I can speak to that can speed up the process to get those bus passes?

Not likely. The school district transportation office is not your friend. Once the rules are set there is no changing them. Nobody will make the effort to do anything about it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries