Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
The most awkward mistake text. EVER.
Previous  1  2

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 9:37 am
Tzutzie wrote:
Poor guy.
You can just laugh it off but for him, your his boss. This must be mortifying.
This reminds me of when I txted my husband a grocery list and ended with some, um, private provocative stuff.....
His safe drive mode was on! And he was davening shemona esra and off goes his cell, "hey dear, here's the list we spoke about....." and it went off to list a few things. Luckily he was only trying out the safe drive app so it only read up to 20 words or so. (Fee to purchase the full app) So it stopped right before the other stuff...... he said it felt like he's free diving when he heard it go off....
Last time I texted stuff like that.....

Off topic, but she is not his boss. She is his client.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 9:43 am
My mother was watching my son and I gave him an old dead phone for him to hold. When I came home she told me my brother charged the phone and she was horrified to see naked pictures of me. She said what happened to you only sick people do things like that . Needless to say it caused a big rupture in our relationship

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 9:49 am
amother wrote:
It's pretty funny actually.... Maybe allow yourself to have a good laugh with your dh....

Uh, no, she shouldn't. There is no reason she should share this with anyone.
OP, I hope the feedback you got here will help you process it properly. I'm with everyone who says, b"H he has great shalom bayis, your son's safe, etc. In the meantime, practice your poker face.

ETA: Amother orange, hugs.

Talya

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 10:02 am
Off topic but I don't get why people think him sending his wife that text means great shalom bayis. It means they had some nice plans for the evening. Nothing more

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 10:04 am
I started this thread when I sent something to a friend that was very embarrassing. Maybe it will make you a feel a little better to read about others who this happened to - it helped me. http://www.imamother.com/forum.....+text

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 10:18 am
Talya wrote:
Off topic but I don't get why people think him sending his wife that text means great shalom bayis. It means they had some nice plans for the evening. Nothing more

You're absolutely right. Why go for the happy when you could think
- they're in therapy and the therapist said he needed to start communicating more with his wife.
- forget how safe the kid is. The tutor's actually a sx addict and the wife runs a SA group.
- how naïve can you get? You really think it was to his wife?

Spinoff time!!!!

Jeanette

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 10:25 am
Talya wrote:

Since the text was never intended for her the right thing to do is forget about it and not analyze it any further.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 10:59 am
OP here, Thanks for the responses everyone. As most have suggested, I will simply try to pretend it never happened. My dh thinks the first meeting will be the most awkward and it'll get easier from there. I hope he's right.

greenfire

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 11:43 am
it's not your mistake so just wash that thought right out of your mind ... there's not much else to do but behave like you normally would ... life happens

Talya

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 11:53 am
PinkFridge wrote:
You're absolutely right. Why go for the happy when you could think
- they're in therapy and the therapist said he needed to start communicating more with his wife.
- forget how safe the kid is. The tutor's actually a sx addict and the wife runs a SA group.
- how naïve can you get? You really think it was to his wife?

Spinoff time!!!!

Hey I hope everyone is right that he has a great marriage but that text doesn't prove or disprove anything other than what it said.

Learning

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 12:44 pm
It only proves that he is very attracted to his wife snd feel comfortable sending her these texts . It does help a marriage when a husband is so attracted to his wife but it doesn't mean everything else is great. Actually I once heard that the main ingredient of a good marriage is good relations life. But it's not everything in a marriage.

Jeanette

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 1:05 pm
Learning wrote:
It only proves that he is very attracted to his wife snd feel comfortable sending her these texts . It does help a marriage when a husband is so attracted to his wife but it doesn't mean everything else is great. Actually I once heard that the main ingredient of a good marriage is good relations life. But it's not everything in a marriage.

This is kinda yuk, don't you think? A guy accidentally sends a private text message to the wrong recipient. Whoops!! Embarrassing, mortifying. Then it gets reposted on a women's website and now hundreds of women are dissecting what it means for his marriage. Imagine his wife is on here reading this thread.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 1:09 pm
WHY SHOULD I BE EMBARRASSED?! When he came home.....
(KIDDING!)
Rolling Laughter

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 1:29 pm
Jeanette wrote:
This is kinda yuk, don't you think? A guy accidentally sends a private text message to the wrong recipient. Whoops!! Embarrassing, mortifying. Then it gets reposted on a women's website and now hundreds of women are dissecting what it means for his marriage. Imagine his wife is on here reading this thread.

But my freedom of speech says I can post it if I want to!

Jeanette

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 1:32 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
But my freedom of speech says I can post it if I want to!

And I used my freedom to protest it.

See how it works? It's not so hard after all.

zaq

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 1:35 pm
OP, think about what you posted here. Way too much identifying information. Do we really need to know your son's age, how long his tutor's been helping him how many times a week, what your plans are for the future, and that the tutor lives in your neighborhood? More than one canny amother has probably figured out who you are and thus who the humiliated young man is.

You could have, and should have, stated succinctly and discreetly that a service provider (could have been an electrician or dog walker for all the difference it made), was texting you about plans and then sent you this embarrassing message.

ETA: Unless, of course, it really WAS the dog walker, in which case congratulations on building a superb smokescreen to protect his identity.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 1:40 pm
Jeanette: Touche. Very Happy
Zaq: You're right. And yet, how many people here vent, get a different perspective, and then are able to return graciously to their family etc. instead of having spoken to the wrong people IRL, started WWIII, etc.? It is a fine line. I guess this thread has taught people to change every possible detail before venting?

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 2:27 pm
zaq wrote:
OP, think about what you posted here. Way too much identifying information. Do we really need to know your son's age, how long his tutor's been helping him how many times a week, what your plans are for the future, and that the tutor lives in your neighborhood? More than one canny amother has probably figured out who you are and thus who the humiliated young man is.

You could have, and should have, stated succinctly and discreetly that a service provider (could have been an electrician or dog walker for all the difference it made), was texting you about plans and then sent you this embarrassing message.

ETA: Unless, of course, it really WAS the dog walker, in which case congratulations on building a superb smokescreen to protect his identity.

I really don't think that it's possible to figure out who the guy was based on what op wrote. In a place like Brooklyn or Lakewood, there are hundreds of 12 year old boys who have tutors twice a week. It's a bit far fetched to say someone could have guessed who the man is.

DrMom

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 2:29 pm
Jeanette wrote:

This is the first thing that came to my mind. shock
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics