Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
So annoyed at Junees!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

sourstix

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 2:50 pm
Frantic it's a layering type of thing. Maybe someone near you would want it for cost price? It's not ment to go alone just underneath clothes to keep you warm in the winter

watergirl

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 2:52 pm
sourstix wrote:
Be t how can it be that a scree name was created in such a short time? It definitely takes a couple of days. So how did this happen? Frantic please call the store and make this crazy story over. I hope they can help you.

Junes advertises on imamother. Maybe they were already in the system?

water_bear88

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 3:28 pm
That's a hot tip about the American Apparel in TA! Can you report back (here or on LII, whatever works) on pricing/selection? I'd love to know whether it's worth a trip to TA.

bluebird

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 4:37 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
OK, so who out there wears a Junees XL? I have two M sizes too, in the sparkly navy and black.

Forget about the sizing and go by the measurements. In this case the sizing clearly does not match up with the usual convention. You could match up the measurements with Israeli sizes and sell them that way.

bluebird

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 4:42 pm
sourstix wrote:
Be t how can it be that a scree name was created in such a short time? It definitely takes a couple of days. So how did this happen? Frantic please call the store and make this crazy story over. I hope they can help you.

It doesn't seem so. JuneeWelcome05 was created Aug 16 2016. There's also an account called "junees" created the same day with no posts. I assume that someone from Junee's is on here and created these accounts when she saw the thread, which was created on August 15.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 5:00 pm
I know I'm chiming in late in the game, but I just wanted to add my two cents.

FF, thank you for this thread!! All my teen years my friends and I shopped in Junees. Most of my close friends were petite and had no problem whatsoever fitting into their clothes. I was always a size 8ish and busty and never fit into ANYTHING under a size XXL. After shopping at Junees my already terrible body image always got so much worse... I never realized their sizing was off, I just thought I was a hippopotamus!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 3:31 am
water_bear88 wrote:
That's a hot tip about the American Apparel in TA! Can you report back (here or on LII, whatever works) on pricing/selection? I'd love to know whether it's worth a trip to TA.

Just go to their website. (warning, some of the photos are NSFW, like the lingerie and body suits). Search for long sleeve t-shirts. Everything on the site will be at the stores.

Colors are seasonal, so grab them while you can. Seasonal colors go on sale after a while, but you might not be able to get them in your size. Unisex sizes tend to run large, so keep that in mind if you are ordering online. A women's size 12 is an XL, with no problems.

BTW, if you have any girls who are having a hard time finding comfy skirts, I found that the women's "high waisted skater skirt" fits my DD perfectly, just below the knee. Super soft cotton, that washes beautifully and never shrinks a millimeter. If the school has a relaxed dress code, the navy blue ones are perfect as a uniform skirt.

water_bear88

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 3:56 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Just go to their website. (warning, some of the photos are NSFW, like the lingerie and body suits). Search for long sleeve t-shirts. Everything on the site will be at the stores.

Colors are seasonal, so grab them while you can. Seasonal colors go on sale after a while, but you might not be able to get them in your size. Unisex sizes tend to run large, so keep that in mind if you are ordering online. A women's size 12 is an XL, with no problems.

BTW, if you have any girls who are having a hard time finding comfy skirts, I found that the women's "high waisted skater skirt" fits my DD perfectly, just below the knee. Super soft cotton, that washes beautifully and never shrinks a millimeter. If the school has a relaxed dress code, the navy blue ones are perfect as a uniform skirt.

Thanks!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 3:59 am
bluebird wrote:
It doesn't seem so. JuneeWelcome05 was created Aug 16 2016. There's also an account called "junees" created the same day with no posts. I assume that someone from Junee's is on here and created these accounts when she saw the thread, which was created on August 15.

If there are actual Junees employees on here, why haven't they PMed me to clear things up? You would think that they would want to preserve their reputation and make things right, nu?

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 10:21 am
amother wrote:
I know I'm chiming in late in the game, but I just wanted to add my two cents.

FF, thank you for this thread!! All my teen years my friends and I shopped in Junees. Most of my close friends were petite and had no problem whatsoever fitting into their clothes. I was always a size 8ish and busty and never fit into ANYTHING under a size XXL. After shopping at Junees my already terrible body image always got so much worse... I never realized their sizing was off, I just thought I was a hippopotamus!

Similar here. I love some of their clothing, prices are great, but the sizing makes me feel like I've gotten huge and overweight... when I'm actually a very healthy size 4-8. I've never worn XL in my life (in most stores S for tops, M for skirts) and then I end up not fitting in an XL skirt and just leave the store feeling depressed. It's not me, I know, but there is a very unpleasant psychological phenomena at play.

kollel wife

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 11:50 am
I have no connection to Junee - although I live in Lakewood and have shopped there - but I think there are loshon horah problems with this thread. If I had a bad experience with a store, I don't think I can spread the word - and to so many people as well. My initial assumption is that it would be assur. If someone asked me specifically about their sizing or shipping, I would imagine that I could answer. But it's almost Rosh Hashana - I think someone should research the laws of loshon horah - maybe Yael - I think this thread should be closed meanwhile. There is a posek in Lakewood, I think his name is Rabbi Beer and he answers shemiras haloshon questions during specific hours.
FF - you didn't mean anything wrong by complaining - you have the right to be frustrated - I don't mean to criticize you. To me, at first glance, I'm not sure a person can post something like this, with the name of the store included.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 1:52 pm
kollel wife, would you have a problem with the post if it was about Macy's or Lord & Taylor?

If a store is misrepresenting their goods and has horrible customer service, should they be allowed to take advantage of people just because the store is owned by Jews?

I feel I have a responsibility to let people know that the sizing chart is inaccurate, and that the company does not appear to care about it's customers.

kollel wife

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 2:50 pm
I don't think the same halachos apply to stores owned by non Jews. I was also once dissatisfied with shoes from a Jewish store that all the sparkle fell off quickly - I complained - they wouldn't take it back and I was out a lot of money. I don't know if I'm allowed to tell others this in advance - in general - so they won't get harmed and lose their money as well. I'm not sure. I don't mean to come off preachy, but many, many people are reading this - many who shop in the store and can try on. The thread is giving a bad impression of the store overall and their customer service. I don't think you meant to do that, but that's what's going on now.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Aug 26 2016, 4:15 am
kollel wife wrote:
The thread is giving a bad impression of the store overall and their customer service. I don't think you meant to do that, but that's what's going on now.

No, the STORE is giving a bad impression. I'm simply reporting the facts for the benefit of others. I absolutely meant to do that.

Suppose there is a road that is owned by a Jew, and there is a large pot hole in that road. Wouldn't you want to warn people to be careful when they are driving, or would you just let them risk damage to their car?

BTW, I have been reading the daily Chofetz Chaim for the last 10 years.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Aug 26 2016, 4:20 am
I just checked my email. The store is refusing returns on international orders, FYI.

No apology was given, not even a token one. They said that in all their years of business, no one has EVER complained about their sizes before. Yeaaaaah, right. Rolling Eyes

No mention was made of "5 free shirts", as per the mysterious "Junees" poster upthread.

Color me unsurprised. Confused

Stars

Post Fri, Aug 26 2016, 7:01 am
Maybe send them a link to this thread?

rosenbal

Post Fri, Aug 26 2016, 7:28 am
Their sizing is inconsistent. And usually too small compared to conventional sizing. It's a fact that all customers should know. End of story. (Women's sizes a lot more off than girls by the way.) Customer service isn't their forte but that doesn't make them so unique in the frum clothing world unfortunately.

watergirl

Post Fri, Aug 26 2016, 8:13 am
Stars wrote:
Maybe send them a link to this thread?

You cant, because all of Imamother is under copyright. I've been thinking of calling Junees and just telling them about it - just for funsies.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Aug 26 2016, 8:40 am
watergirl wrote:
You cant, because all of Imamother is under copyright. I've been thinking of calling Junees and just telling them about it - just for funsies.

Huh? You can send or post a link to anything anywhere. If a thread is private, one would have to log in to see it, but this thread is public. Anyone on the whole web can see it freely without even having an imamother account.

greenfire

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 6:03 pm
FranticFrummie ... a long 20 minutes but reminded me of this thread ... only with a different company

Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics