Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Urgent! Moving to monsey, need info on boys Cheder/yeshiva
Previous  1  2

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 6:16 am
amother wrote:
Thanks
Does anyone know, Is ateres Tzvi comparable to chasan sofer bp?

Also, what's minkatch like?

I have nephews in Chasan Sofer BP. I cant see them going to Ateres Tzvi. My kids were in Ateres Tzvi but we found that it wasnt for us. Alot of parents have chasidish background, your dh should feel comfortable. Your kids would feel comfortable speaking yiddish and leaving their payis however it is now.

I heard of some parents switching to Munkatch, but I know nothing about it.

Ashar is NOT COED. It is for preschool just like YSV, maybe they do it for Pre1A also, but thats it. It is a very different crowd from Ateres Tzvi.

Like other poster said, dont move unless you have a yeshiva. It would be heartbreaking to see a post after succos stating that you are still looking for a yeshiva. Be flexible and hopefully you will find one.

ILOVELIFE

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 8:03 pm
I haven't lived in Monsey for years and most of these Yeshivas are new kids on the block to me Smile I'm curious about Imrei Shefer. Who runs it? What kind of cheder would you compare it to? Vien Boro Park? And how does it compare to Minkatch in Monsey?

I'm asking for a friend who lives in Monsey but has a bunch of girls before her son....so she is new to this all

wifenmother

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 9:39 am
Bais Dovid is accepting chasidish kids. Though their havura isn't a chasidish one, it is a very heimish cheder with yiddish speaking litvish boys along with chasidish boys. I think of it as the equivalent to Bais Rochel to some degree. Your husband may not feel comfortable there if he's changed recently.

Imrei Shefer has open minded chasidish along with originally strong but now 'changed' chasidish. OP - unless we know what your husband changed from/to, it's hard to know if this would be the right place for you.

Ateres Tzvi has changed a lot in the recent two years. Many litvish families that were there from the start left to Degel or YSV and many chasidish boys left to Munkatch. You may want to find out what type stayed on...

And as others have said - make sure your kids are all accepted before you make the move. Hatzlucha OP!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics