Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Best place to buy tichels in Lakewood?

Saraleh Malki

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 7:48 am
Need some ASAP! Any recommended stores in Lakewood? Looking for reasonably priced tichels that are simple but could be worn on shabbos. I'm normally a Sheital wearer but unfortunately my apartment building had a fire and we're waiting for insurance money to be sent so that I can buy a new sheital! In the mean time I need something other than the snood I left the house in! Smile

ariellabella

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 8:16 am
I was looking a couple months ago, and I couldn't find any at all in Lakewood.
Hopefully someone can suggest something for you. You can always buy online, but that will take a few days to get to you. Or maybe just a thin scarf at one of the non-Jewish stores?

cm

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 8:28 am
I'm not in Lakewood, but I ordered from this company a number of years ago:

http://www.myheadcoverings.com......html

IIRC, the address to process a return was in Lakewood (it's not on the website). Maybe a home-based business? You could contact the company through the website and see if they do local non-mail-order sales.

LiLIsraeli

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 8:59 am
In a community of 10,000+ frum women, do you really think there's no place in Lakewood to buy snoods?

You can try Heads of Class in Chateau Plaza on River Avenue. There are also some home-based businesses.

ariellabella

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 9:05 am
LiLIsraeli wrote:
In a community of 10,000+ frum women, do you really think there's no place in Lakewood to buy snoods?

You can try Heads of Class in Chateau Plaza on River Avenue. There are also some home-based businesses.

She's not looking for a snood, she wants a tichel.
I am telling you I was looking for the exact same thing 2-3 months ago. I went into 4 different headcovering/lingerie stores, and I was told by each one that they do not have tichels anymore. Apparently they are not in favor at the moment. I did not try any home basement stores.

I've had a lot of luck in Brooklyn in the past.

sourstix

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 10:13 am
what do you mean by tichels? like the ones chasidish women wear? the turbans? doesnt sound like that. please explain.

if you mean lakewood then there is someone in the house that sells them. shaindy kantor 732 -370-1638

ariellabella

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 10:51 am
Tichels are scarves, mitpachot. Like this: https://www.google.com/search?.....lM%3A

rae

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 11:42 pm
Bubbys on route 9 sells tichels. They are across the rd from farmers market.

ariellabella

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 5:18 pm
rae wrote:
Bubbys on route 9 sells tichels. They are across the rd from farmers market.

Great to know, thanks!

L K

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 7:30 pm
Marshals and tjmaxx have a huge selection of rectangular scarves, I've been able to find more light-weight ones that work really well as a tichel. Some if not all were Calvin Klein.

Eta: found some really dressy ones for Shabbos, and pretty ones for everyday.

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 9:16 pm
I know you asked about tichels, but just wanted to let you know that there is someone in Lakewood who sells used sheitels for good prices. In case you really wanted to get a sheitel and have some money to spare. Good luck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels