Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
My iphone is crushed:(

sourstix

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 6:39 pm
I dropped my iphone today and its crushed. the screen I know can be fixed and the back top is also crushed. I cant get any phone calls. someone was nice and found it and returned it(happens to be my neighbor) but so now I have this outdated phone an LG LN272 and I am looking to by a neck strap so I dont drop my phone and lose it again.

I am so upset at what happened. I guess it was a lesson learned that I must use a neck strap. even though its uncomfortable. but I need a neck strap and I cant find one. can imamothers help me find one? I already ruined my 200$phone I cant afford to do this again.

I checked through google but I cant find. maybe someone can help me figure what I can do?
I am going to the apple store on sunday to retrieve all my information. I hope there is hope to fix it but its expensive to do. so not sure ill do it now. anyone has experience with it being crushed and revived?

gp2.0

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 6:58 pm
If you're in Brooklyn, the mac support store is a lot more helpful than the Apple Store. The Apple Geniuses are just glorified salespeople who advise you to buy a brand new phone/computer/tablet because your old one is too broken to fix. This has been my experience several times.

http://www.macsupportstore.com

Do you lose your phone often or drop your phone often? I drop my phone very often so I got a full armor case immediately when I got the phone. I like otterbox cases, most recently I got an armadillo case which is awesome too. It's rigid plastic front and back, built in screen protector and rubbery all around. When I drop my phone, it bounces. I've probably dropped it 500 times in the last 2 years. I dropped my phone in the toilet - saved by the case. My phone took a dunk in the ocean - all good except the headphone jack got fried. It's worth it to have a good case.

sourstix

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 7:06 pm
no it got real crushed from what it looks like probably a car. I wasnt there it happened in the street. before I walked into a store. I dropped it. it was in a soft case. not the one you described. anyway, its crushed to the point where no phone calls go through. I do hear sounds of texts. but thats it. im so upset it really is making me in such a bad mood. its so expensive and I waited so long for it.

I wish it just fell and the screen broke. I would be so happy. its alot worse. it looks like it went through an accident:(

I dont live in brooklyn anymore I live in lakewood.

MitzadSheini

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 7:33 pm
sourstix wrote:
n

I wish it just fell and the screen broke. I would be so happy. its alot worse. it looks like it went through an accident.

Sounds awful sourstix.

Here is a reframe for you but only if it helps.

Even though losing the phone is very frustrating, I am so happy that Hashem chose to crush the phone in an accident instead of putting me abs dh in an accident.

Please note I would not have written that if you had not said what you said above about if only it were just the screen. My comment is a direct response to yours. And if I sounds cruel please disregard it - not what I intended at all. Wrecking a phone is awful BTDT.

Amarante

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 8:07 pm
Do you use iCloud because all of your data is automatically stored on the cloud.

Every device dies, breaks or gets lost or stolen inevitably.

I woke up yesterday and my computer had died with no warning. When my replacement comes, I will only have to hook up my external hard drive and everything on my computer will be transferred. A minor inconvenience but not any kind of disaster.

My iPad died a few months ago and I also was up and running as soon as Apple shipped the replacement.

sourstix

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 8:17 pm
I know I know this isnt the worst thing that has happened. I know it in my head but im upset and now is my time. so I will indulge. I actually am over it. it still kind of bothers me. I just want to find a neck strap for my old phone so I dont lose this one too. but its outdated and noone online has anything to offer. only a universal type of thing. which means I would need to take it out everytime someone calls. a pain in the neck. because its a slide phone. you slide the keyboard to text. but I guess "gam ze yaavor"

sourstix

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 8:18 pm
I am looking for a neck strap if anyone can help me find one for an lg ln272 phone. I am looking online but cant find.

Amarante

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 8:19 pm
What model is it. You would be surprised at the obsolete stuff still sold on the Internet. My iPhone is. 4 and I just bought a case. 😳

tulips12

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 8:28 pm
Apple care and otter box case. My DH doesn't "let" me have a phone without insurance. I've ruined so many. Not sure if u can still get Apple care if the phone is not new but I wonder if you can because it would be brand new. If it's brand new you can usually purchase insurance.

Amarante

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 8:58 pm
AppleCare doesn't cover a squashed phone. They are pretty savvy about damage caused by a user versus defective phones.

There d party insurance that covers any kind of damage as well as loss or theft. But it's expensive and typically has a deductible so that replacement isn't free so the insurance makes no sense.

You can generally buy a refurbished or older model iPhone for not much money and to me that makes more sense than insurance.

AppleCare is great for iPhones that go dead though and because a phone gets more wear than a desktop, things can get shaken up. I just drop my phone in my purse but the worst that has ever happened was some schmootz in the headphone jack and the Grnius cleaned it out for me for free.

sourstix

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 9:30 pm
yes I only have it for a few months. I wish I would have paid insurance on it. it was too expensive for me so I let it go. the stupid thing of me was it even had a neck strap and I didnt want to use it because it was uncomfortable. so I didnt use it. now I have no choice but to use it. a lesson learned the hard way. oh well. this should be the worst ever. I am wondering if I would call apple if they would give me a new one if it was crushed by an accident.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics