Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
What level in yiddishkeit is this school?

religious

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 11:42 pm
What level in yiddishkeit is school or talmud torah called chabbad in monsey?

religious

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 12:39 am
monsey people I need to know what type of school is this... please respond

momX4

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 12:41 am
As far as I know, its a school for chabad families. It is NOT a kiruv school.

Maya

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 12:41 am
It's a regular Chabad school.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 12:46 am
I don't live in Monsey and have no idea, but I have to say that:
1. It's late at night there, maybe people are sleeping
2. The phrase "level in Yiddishkeit" is bizarre, unclear, and actually offensive. What do you want to know? Where they stand philosophically? What the dress code is like? Their educational methods?
What you consider a high level may be too low for someone else, or vice versa. And of course, not all differences are a matter of better or worse. They are just differences.
Good luck with finding the right school.

religious

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 12:50 am
let me be more clear. what type of parent body send there. I know 2 people sending there, both are going of the derech.... basically not keeping the mitzvohs. I want to know if its that type of school or I just happened to know these 2 people but it's not on that scale?

trixx

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 1:14 am
Clearly, a chabad parent body. Are you lubavitch? Then that's the only school nearby for you, whether 2% of the parents are "going off the derech" or not. Are you not lubavitch? Then it's not for you anyways. I don't get the question.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 1:26 am
Why do you need to know? Are you considering it for your kids?

religious

Post Fri, Aug 26 2016, 1:08 am
Is there only one chabad school in monsey?

Scrabble123

Post Fri, Aug 26 2016, 9:32 am
There is Cheder Chabad in Monseh and Hebrew Academy of New City which have different parent bodies..

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Aug 26 2016, 10:57 am
Hey, "REligious" : First of all, from reading your posts since you joined I think you should brush up a bit on your English, because your posts are coming across unintelligible at times.

Secondly, I know what you're talking about, bc I also have a couple of friends - they might even be the same friends - who are formerly chasidish, barely religious, and send their kids there. I found a real limud zchus for them. You wanna hear? That they themselves just don't want to be frum anymore, but they don't want to put their kids in public school, they want their kids to have a Jewish education, so the best school they found, is a school that accepts children regardless of background or frumkeit. These kids now have a fighting chance to make a decision when theyre adults, what level of frumkeit they will keep. Imagine if these parents just sent their kids to a non-Jewish school?

Be the Barditchever here! Even as they are oiling their wagon wheels they are davening!!

peekaboo

Post Fri, Aug 26 2016, 1:47 pm
Well said mama bear

ROFL

Post Fri, Aug 26 2016, 5:56 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Hey, "REligious" : First of all, from reading your posts since you joined I think you should brush up a bit on your English, because your posts are coming across unintelligible at times.

Secondly, I know what you're talking about, bc I also have a couple of friends - they might even be the same friends - who are formerly chasidish, barely religious, and send their kids there. I found a real limud zchus for them. You wanna hear? That they themselves just don't want to be frum anymore, but they don't want to put their kids in public school, they want their kids to have a Jewish education, so the best school they found, is a school that accepts children regardless of background or frumkeit. These kids now have a fighting chance to make a decision when theyre adults, what level of frumkeit they will keep. Imagine if these parents just sent their kids to a non-Jewish school?

Be the Barditchever here! Even as they are oiling their wagon wheels they are davening!!

Love this !

Maya

Post Fri, Aug 26 2016, 6:08 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

This is not only a limud zchus, but also actually true.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics