Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Bayis Magazine New Serial

emerald

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 4:35 pm
Has anyone seen this new magazine? My friend sent it to me and it just launched today, it's all online and supposed to be for Jewish women. It has a serial that I'm really liking so far called Finding Chava. I'm kind of hooked waiting for chapter two to come out!

http://bayismagazine.com/category/serial/

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 7:26 pm
Looks interesting. Thanks.

ETA: I'm working my way through it. Look forward to future editions. I read the "about us" page and do wish that there would be more info on all the writers.

And another ETA: See http://www.imamother.com/forum.....ight= .

oliveoil

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 9:08 pm
I read it and found multiple mistakes that any decent editor should've caught, and the plot line seems cliche and predictable. But maybe that's what their audience wants.

Who is it targeting?

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 9:50 pm
What's the point of a magazine you can't read on Shabbos? Shabbos is magazine reading day for me.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 9:55 pm
Thank you! I enjoyed reading it.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 7:28 am
I read this last night before bed and liked it. I didn't find any blatant editing issues, but then again I wasn't looking for them. I understand this is a forum to discuss these things, but I would feel bad talking so negatively about something another Jew (or anyone for that matter) worked on and is probably trying to make a parnasa from. All based on a quick read.

I also read mostly over shabbos, but so many of us as it is are glued to our phones so reading it on my phone was convenient, I read it in bed! But if that doesnt work one week I can always print out some of the articles that interest me. It is free, why not! Smile

pickle321

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 6:23 am
Looks great! I only read the first little and printed it out to read on shabbos. Smile

emerald

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 6:44 pm
chapter two is up! Very Happy

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 9:35 am
emerald wrote:
chapter two is up! Very Happy

If I have any constructive criticism/comments would you like them here or pm'd?

emerald

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 7:35 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
If I have any constructive criticism/comments would you like them here or pm'd?

lol I don't know what good you'd do sending comments to me! bayis probably has an email for stuff like this if you want? my friend just sent this to me when the first volume came out and I was excited to share chapter two also Smile

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 9:33 pm
emerald wrote:
lol I don't know what good you'd do sending comments to me! bayis probably has an email for stuff like this if you want? my friend just sent this to me when the first volume came out and I was excited to share chapter two also Smile

Oh, come on. It's obvious you are somehow involved.

Tweedy

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 2:37 pm
Who cares if the OP is or isn't part of the magazine. I'm enjoying it and found this week's humor really funny! I also love the parenting column and the recipe section! Overall it's a great read and very amusing!

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 4:07 pm
[deleted]

AZmom09

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 7:52 am
Thank you everyone for your feedback. We now have a Printer Friendly Shabbos Copy (with some of the articles, including the serial). You can download it here for your Shabbos reading Smile
http://bayismagazine.com/current-issue/

Have a great shabbos!

kenz

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 9:22 pm
AZmom09 wrote:
Thank you everyone for your feedback. We now have a Printer Friendly Shabbos Copy (with some of the articles, including the serial). You can download it here for your Shabbos reading Smile
http://bayismagazine.com/current-issue/

Have a great shabbos!

Is it over?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room