Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Recommend a stroller

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 1:18 am
Due with baby #1 soon and I need some help. I want a stroller for Shabbos, daily walking etc. I will be using a snap and go for the car. I do not plan on having another baby for a few years, so not looking for a double or something that can become a double. Looking at all price ranges. Please help!

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 3:25 am
I think the City Mini is a very lightweight convenient stroller. I only have the double but would love to get it in a single because it's so comfortable to push. The only downside is the difficult access to the basket, but there's also some storage space behind the seats, so it's not terrible. If I could afford a new stroller now, that's the one I would buy.

Zeleze

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 6:35 am
Maclaren is the best from my exp.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 6:55 am
For shabbos and walking, you need something with big wheels, either forever-air or air-filled tires. It should also have a roomy under basket.
Uppababy Cruz, uppababy vista, city mini gt, or bugaboo buffalo, or bugaboo chameleon are all great choices. If you like the bugaboo I recommend you buy one secondhand because they're often like new and are half the price.

twogees

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 6:58 am
I have the uppababy vista and love the fact that I can put my baby in the bassinet that comes with it thru age 2 if not older in the included toddler seat...

rydys

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 10:40 am
I have a Graco Modes and I love it. It reclines fully for a newborn and has a foot step that folds up so it becomes like a carriage. the foot step goes down in 2 steps so it can go flat for when the baby's feet extend past the end but are not really long enough to hang down fully. It also has 3 sitting stages as baby gets older. I also love that it switches from front to rear facing very easily so little babies can look at mommy, then you can switch them to forward facing when they want to look out (even while the baby is in the carriage). It is large enough for 4 or 5 year old to sit in as well. It is also very sturdy and has a large basket and easy to push. As an added plus it is much cheaper than the "brand name" strollers around!

HonesttoGod

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 5:34 pm
Britax,
Uppababy
Nuna
Cybex
Bugaboo

Tekky

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 5:55 pm
Price vary tremendously on strollers, and the more you pay, the more you get (usually, with some exceptions)
It sounds like something "mid-level" would be right for you. If you have a reversible seat, you'll realize how priceless something like that is. Also, strollers with a reversible seat give you the option of using the base with a car seat - that is really helpful too.
I'd recommend the Uppababy Cruz, Bugaboo Bee3, Nuna Mixx or Baby Jogger City Premier. All will give you a lot of great features.

I get the feeling that there are some people who like to bash any stroller that costs more than $250. I'm not sure why they feel like they have to, but they are usually lying when they gloat about their "$100 travel system from target that works just fine". It doesn't.

losingweight

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 10:24 pm
I have the Nun Mixx. It pushes amazing! My baby is so comfortable. It comes with an available bassinet. There's also a car seat that fits the frame. Sold separately. The wheels are big and they have springs. Huge basket. And the seat has 5 recline positions. I love it!!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 11:11 pm
Is the bugaboo bee a solid stroller though, or more of a second stroller? I've been hearing a lot about the Cruz, but can I use that with a newborn?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 2:51 am
amother wrote:
Is the bugaboo bee a solid stroller though, or more of a second stroller? I've been hearing a lot about the Cruz, but can I use that with a newborn?

The bee is a solid stroller that is easy to push easy to fold and will last. I don't like it though because I feel that it is so small and by the time the kid reaches 2 he looks like he's falling out or too close to the floor.

I have the bugaboo Cameleon for 5 years and 3 children already and I can tell you that I love it. It pushes and cleans well and is sturdy. The seat can face both ways and reclines completely. It also comes with a bassinet. The basket on bottom is quite large which is convenient for grocery trips etc. when there is only one child in it, it is super easy to push and I can push and steer even my 35 pound child with one hand.

I know many people who are happy with the uppababy vista and Cruz. They both recline fully so can definitely be used for a newborn. I don't own one so can't really give first hand info. But they are definitely sturdy and push well.

In my experience the citi Mini does not push as well as the others. But maybe that's just my opinion. Many of the "baby stores" have samples that you can test to see and decide for yourself. And a graco or Maclaren are not that great for walking. Both are very difficult to push with the weight of a baby inside.

Smile1234

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 2:51 am
Yes you can use the cruz with a newborn. Either with the bassinet or with a newborn snugseat insert (both which need to be bought separately).

losingweight

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 3:37 am
The best decision can be made by going to a baby store and trying the carriages and having the sales people show you the perks of each carriage.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics