Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
A Lakewood Bagel store makes bagel sandwiches like on 13th?

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Aug 27 2016, 9:03 pm
The 13th Avenue Bagel store makes really good bagel sandwiches reasonably.

Is there a bagel shop in Lakewood, that makes fresh bagel sandwiches on the spot? Thanks.

12rivkyk34

Post Sat, Aug 27 2016, 9:09 pm
4 Corners and Bagel Nosh

yo603

Post Sat, Aug 27 2016, 9:28 pm
Bagel nosh is cheapest and best.

MrsDash

Post Sat, Aug 27 2016, 9:29 pm
Bagel nosh - and don't forget to pick up their tuna! Delish!!!

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 7:48 pm
yo603 wrote:
Bagel nosh is cheapest and best.

Bagels were good, but Im not sure about the cheap part.

This is what I bought and what I paid:

4 tuna salad bagels (Im not sure I got 4 of them)
2 egg salad bagels
1 bagel with scrambled eggs
1 bagel with baked salmon
1 bagel w sliced lox

2 apple muffins
1 blueberry muffin

I was charged $42.00

That doesnt seem that cheap to me.

MrsDash

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 8:37 pm
amother wrote:
Bagels were good, but Im not sure about the cheap part.

This is what I bought and what I paid:

4 tuna salad bagels (Im not sure I got 4 of them)
2 egg salad bagels
1 bagel with scrambled eggs
1 bagel with baked salmon
1 bagel w sliced lox

2 apple muffins
1 blueberry muffin

I was charged $42.00

That doesnt seem that cheap to me.

The salmon and lox is probably what made the bill so high.

MrsDash

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 8:37 pm
And thanks a lot, now you got me craving a cream cheese and lox on a bagel mmmmmmm

groisamomma

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 8:57 pm
No, there's no store here that's comparable to Hot Bagels on 13th. I wish there was, though. Simple, cheap, fresh, and delicious.

happy12

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 5:29 am
On cedar bridge across from the gift store there is a corner store that was very cheap. Not from Lakewood but I think it was called something like out to lunch or off the corner.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 6:17 am
I just found the receipt.

Its not the lox and salmon that made it reach $40.

Its that the cheapest bagel sandwich at Bagel Nosh in Lakewood is $3.59 in comparison to less than half on 13th Ave. Haute Couture Bagels hand made by famous chefs! Sheesh!

Imho the bagel sandwiches are much better on 13th too!

"Where everything is better on a bagel"? Clearly the owner's profits!

Where in Lakewood (even better if its close to Raintree) are the bagel sandwiches closer in price to 13th Ave?

cnc

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 6:24 am
3.99 is actually quite reasonable for a tuna sandwich. Most places charges $5+...

Hot Bagels is a rare exception. We always try to figure out how they're still in business!

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 6:40 am
cnc wrote:
3.99 is actually quite reasonable for a tuna sandwich. Most places charges $5+...

I usually dont buy sandwiches out, but arent the packaged sandwiches that people buy in the groceries, made fresh daily, less than $3.00? I dont think bagels cost that much more to make than the rolls the sandwiches are made on.

MrsDash

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 7:02 am
amother wrote:
I just found the receipt.

Its not the lox and salmon that made it reach $40.

Its that the cheapest bagel sandwich at Bagel Nosh in Lakewood is $3.59 in comparison to less than half on 13th Ave. Haute Couture Bagels hand made by famous chefs! Sheesh!

Imho the bagel sandwiches are much better on 13th too!

"Where everything is better on a bagel"? Clearly the owner's profits!

Where in Lakewood (even better if its close to Raintree) are the bagel sandwiches closer in price to 13th Ave?

Now you're posting receipts from bagel nosh? That is just cruel! I'm not visiting Lakewood for another few months, why are you doing this to me? Waaaaa

Chayalle

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 7:05 am
OP, I think it's time for you to open a new business. Bagels on par with 13th avenue (never been there, but if they are as good as La Bagel in NYC, I will be your customer!) in the Raintree area (bit far from me, but if they're that good I'll come.)

Keep your prices low, and we'll be flooding you.

Best of luck!

cnc

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 7:11 am
amother wrote:
I usually dont buy sandwiches out, but arent the packaged sandwiches that people buy in the groceries, made fresh daily, less than $3.00? I dont think bagels cost that much more to make than the rolls the sandwiches are made on.

I'm talking about the ones that are made to order in bagel stores.

The ready made ones in the grocery here are 2.99 IIRC.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 8:20 am
MrsDash wrote:
Now you're posting receipts from bagel nosh? That is just cruel! I'm not visiting Lakewood for another few months, why are you doing this to me? Waaaaa

So sorry, but I wouldnt wince if I never ate a bagel from there again, as long as I could get my fill on 13th avenue. Bagel Nosh bagels were ok, at best. I much prefer the 13th Ave bagels and their tuna salad.

sourstix

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 10:38 am
listen I am a born and bread brooklyner. so I know the 13th ave bagels. they are very good. but common the bagel nosh bagels the one with garlic ontop and then toasted with scallion cream cheese and lox!!!!oh my is just yuuuuuuuuuuum. no they are not the same. but oh so good. please bagel nosh has delicious food. love it there. the lines are till the other side of the door. I actually lost my cc there and the person who found it just took it with her. I dont know why she wouldnt leave it by the cashier the guy who takes money. maybe she thought I left. so why didnt she leave a phone number to reach her. oh well. I love their stuff. please just get another location somewhere south of the lake so we can go there and have a smaller line? anyone from bagel nosh? please do this. we will love you.

the bagel store on 13th ave. I seriously wonder how their bagels are so cheap. they are great but not good for my stomach. but they are super yum.

debsey

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 11:22 am
YUM, here I am on vacation, and you're all making me crave bagels and lox ..... from 13ave bagel. OR Bagel Nosh's sesame bagel with tuna. Or both. I'm not fussy.

Sourstix, I agree, I wish there was a decent bagel store South Side of the lake. 4 corners just doesn't do it for me. The bagels are ok, but the tuna and egg salad don't hold a candle to Bagel Nosh.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics