Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
ISO ideas for bag of california mix vegetables

rachaelle

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 6:07 pm
Hi, I have a bag of frozen california mix veggies sitting in my freezer. Don't know what to do with it! Any ideas??

Maya

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 6:11 pm
Is that the broccoli, cauliflower and carrots? I make a kugel with that.

Mix with mayonnaise, eggs, salt and spices, and some breadcrumbs.

rachaelle

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 6:13 pm
Thanks!
Any other ideas? Not necessarily a kugel

Fast Forward

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 6:24 pm
If you want a chicken dish with the vegetables, this is a good one: You can use quarter parts chicken or chicken cut into nuggets. Make a mixture of mayo and ketchup and dredge the chicken in it and then coat with cornflake crumbs. Put the California mix on the bottom of a big saute pan. Add some potatoes (plain and/or sweet) Add some water, sprinkle with paprika, garlic power and salt. Put the chicken on top of the veggies. If using just the nuggets, cook for about 1-l/2 hours or 2 hours if using whole quarters. Just check to make sure that all the water did not evaporate. You can also bake it in the oven at 350.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 6:28 pm
I like to steam it, salt it and eat it. Pour into a big enough pan, cover with foil and bake at 350 45-60 minute.
Or toss with oil and spices and roast at 450 for 35 minutes.

rachaelle

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 6:34 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I like to steam it, salt it and eat it. Pour into a big enough pan, cover with foil and bake at 350 45-60 minute.

Steam it and then bake it?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 6:37 pm
ra_mom wrote:

I oven "steam" it.
Since it's frozen and has moisture, it works well to just dump in pan with nothing else, cover and it will steam as it bake.

rachaelle

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 6:38 pm
Thanks that makes sense!! Do you add any spices or oil?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 6:39 pm
rachaelle wrote:
Thanks that makes sense!! Do you add any spices or oil?

I bake as is then toss with salt afterwards.
But you can definitely oil and salt it first before baking this way. I do that with the mini mixed vegetables.

rachaelle

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 6:40 pm
Fast Forward wrote:
If you want a chicken dish with the vegetables, this is a good one: You can use quarter parts chicken or chicken cut into nuggets. Make a mixture of mayo and ketchup and dredge the chicken in it and then coat with cornflake crumbs. Put the California mix on the bottom of a big saute pan. Add some potatoes (plain and/or sweet) Add some water, sprinkle with paprika, garlic power and salt. Put the chicken on top of the veggies. If using just the nuggets, cook for about 1-l/2 hours or 2 hours if using whole quarters. Just check to make sure that all the water did not evaporate. You can also bake it in the oven at 350.

This sounds great! Thanks!

rachaelle

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 6:41 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I bake as is then toss with salt afterwards.
But you can definitely oil and salt it first before baking this way. I do that with the mini mixed vegetables.

I will try this! Thanks Very Happy

HeartyAppetite

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 9:57 pm
I make soup with it. put in a pot cover with water. add onion soup mix, salt and pepper. put in some chicken or meat bones. bring to a boil and cook till its soft. you can serve it with the vegetables whole or you could blend it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes