Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
BDE Kayla Rus A"H bas Bunim Tuvia
  Previous  1  2  3 32  33  34 37  38  39  Next

Notsobusy

Post Sat, Feb 13 2016, 8:52 pm
Hamakom y'nacheim es'chem b'soch sha'ar aveilei tzion v'yerushalayim.

I'm so sorry.

markmywords

Post Sat, Feb 13 2016, 10:14 pm
I'm so sorry for your loss.
I watched part of the video. Your father was so well spoken. May he be a Mailitz yosher and may you have no more sorrow.
Hamakom yenaschem eschem bsoch shaar avalei tzion vyerushalayim.

potatoes

Post Sat, Feb 13 2016, 10:25 pm
OP, I just watched a lot of your fathers testimony. I am humbly impressed by his honesty and clarity in conversation, and his absolute gratitude and thankfulness, and awareness of anything positive in his life, small or big, in hard times and better times.
I was inspired by his appreciation for life, and love of his family.
I am so sorry for your loss of such a special father, and may his Neshama have an Aliya.

greenfire

Post Sat, Feb 13 2016, 11:43 pm
I am so sorry you are suffering yet another great loss. May God watch over his soul.

Thank you for sharing your father's survivor video with us and in turn the story of your family.

May we all be comforted soon with Moshiach so there will be no more pain.

mfb

Post Sat, Feb 13 2016, 11:44 pm
Hamakom yenacheim eschem b'soch sh'ar evlei tzion v'yerushalayim. May you know from no more tzaar!!!! Only simchos from now on forward!!

hila

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 1:07 am
BDE . Hopefully you will know no more problems.
And the simcha of the chatuna will the way some of the pain.

grace413

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 2:30 am
BDE. So sorry for your loss. May he be a melitz yosher for your family and klal Yisrael.

vicki

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 3:09 am
HaMakom Yenachem Otach Betoch Shear Avlei Tzion V'Yerushalayim.
That is wonderful that your father makes such a clear and complete presentation of his experiences in the Holocaust. It is so important.

My Dad gave testimony to Yad Vashem on his visit last year.
He is, bli ayin hara, turning 90 this year and he finally agreed after years of my pleading. But, unfortunately, there is much he couldn't remember.

But, yes, the numbers are dwindling. I shudder to think what the future holds for us.

myself

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 5:42 am
BDE. Sad

May the Ribbono Shel Olam comfort you and your family amongst the mourners of tzion and may we be zoche to share only simchos in the future.

Hug Hug Hug

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 10:41 am
HaMakom yenachem eschem b'soch shear aveilei Tziyon v'Rushalayim.
What everyone else said.
Hug

neverbored

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 11:16 am
Hamakom y'nacheim es'chem b'soch sha'ar aveilei tzion v'yerushalayim.
BD"E
May you be zoche to only simchos from here on.

obsesseddancer

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 11:01 pm
Amen thanks everyone. Got up from shiva this morning. Just so darned tired of being sad. Need Moshiach already.

tweek

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 9:27 am
Watched the documentary. What a special person.

May you only have simchas from now on!

obsesseddancer

Post Mon, Feb 22 2016, 7:07 pm
I just got some more disturbing news from my mother. My parents had been helping us out every other week with groceries, I would go to their local kosher store and they would put it on their card. What I didn't realize was that my father had some sort of arrangement with his pension that ended with his death. So not only can my mother no longer help us, but she is in penny-pinching mode for herself. She is not in the best health herself and is very drained, so I ask for your tefillos for Shulamis bas Etta. I received the following in an email regarding Purim Kotton, which we have just started at sunset:

"Purim Kotton is a day with tremendous power of prayer, and the chochomim did not counter it with an obligation to drink, so in a way the power of Tefillah is more than on the Purim day. On Purim, and of course tomorrow on Purim Kotton, "Kol ha'poshet yad, nosnim lo", meaning whoever stretches out their hand in need of tzedaka, we give them (without verifying the validity of the person). Hashem uses the same concept: whoever comes in prayer on this day, Hashem will answer his prayer, without verifying whether the person deserves it or not ("kol ha'poshet yad, notnim lo")." Also it goes on to say there is a big segula in reciting perek כב.

So I am asking once again for both prayers and financial help, if you are able. I also would appreciate job leads. I don't feel quite ready to get a job after the past few years I have been through, but realize there will be no other real option now. It is so frustrating because I am on the verge of becoming a bubby for the first time and realize that I will probably not get to enjoy even that if I start a job right around the time this happens. I am hoping at least to find part time for this reason. So I would appreciate any and all help, including job leads. I am good with computers and a fast learner. Thanks so much in advance, and Gut Purim Kotton!

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Feb 22 2016, 8:10 pm
obsesseddancer wrote:

So I am asking once again for both prayers and financial help, if you are able. I also would appreciate job leads. I don't feel quite ready to get a job after the past few years I have been through, but realize there will be no other real option now. It is so frustrating because I am on the verge of becoming a bubby for the first time and realize that I will probably not get to enjoy even that if I start a job right around the time this happens. I am hoping at least to find part time for this reason. So I would appreciate any and all help, including job leads. I am good with computers and a fast learner. Thanks so much in advance, and Gut Purim Kotton!

B'shaa tova! I'm sure you will enjoy it. Every generation seems to have a different paradigm, even if it's not how we might have had it (or not).

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 7:51 pm
how are you doing chaya rochel ~ praying Hashem answers your tefilos for sustenance in all ways physically, spiritually & emotionally Hug

flowerpower

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 10:41 pm
I will pray for you on Purim that hashem should help you with parnassa. Bsha tova-hope all goes easy and healthy.

obsesseddancer

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 10:38 am
I just wanted to share what I posted to Facebook today, on my daughter OBM's birthday.

Nineteen years ago, on August 5 1997, 2 Av 5757, Hashem loaned me an amazing temporary gift, a beautiful daughter named Kayla Rus. He reclaimed her on September 6, 2015, 22 Elul 5775. On her 18th birthday last year, Kayla Rus and I decided to start Tosefes Shabbos, taking in Shabbos early, and to publicize it every week. Shabbos starts today at 7:49 pm in NY, with earliest candles at 6:38. But there is another important mitzvah I would like to start talking more about today. Many of you know that my Kayla Rus was a tsanua, an extremely modest young lady, in both her way of dress, and her demeanor. Tsnius was so important to her, that she would arrive for chemo sessions dressed as if she were going to work in an office. She never failed to say thank you to everyone she encountered, and never failed to wish everyone a nice day. I would like to ask of each of you, that when you go to shul this Shabbos, that you will cover up a little more to honor the memory of my holy angel, but even more so to honor the Shechina. It is written in the Torah that we should be modest. This applies to men as well as to women. Please study the laws of what is acceptable to the Torah, not just to modern day standards of dress which border on nudity. Especially when entering a place of davening, please cover what needs to be covered, and not so tightly that it is a second skin. You are there for one reason only, and the only One you need to impress is Hashem. In the merit of our efforts, may Moshiach come NOW. L'iluy nishmas Kayla Rus bas Bunim Tuvia, z"tzl.

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 11:23 am
I was thinking about Kayla Rus & davening for her neshama on shabbosim the past few weeks - I guess I thought it was her yahrtzeit ... her birthday is a good time too

May her neshama have an aliya with all her zechusim & the zechusim we continue in her honour !!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Hug Hug }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

hello123

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 10:20 pm
I just want to say that I have been davening for Kayla Rus. I can't say I have kept up with all the posts or even checked imamother for a while but I read abt her needing tefillos; could have even been a couple years ago and I still had her on my list to daven. When I saw the news that she passed I was so sad. I just want to say that Hashem should give you the stregnth to be able to wake up each morning and live your life to the fullest. While saying it might be easier said then done. I hope it gives you some strength to know that there were so many of us davening for your dear precious Kayla Rus and that this is the beauty and uniquness of the Jewish people. We don't have to know you to daven for your child because she is like our own. May Hashem give you all the chizzuk in the world, may you know of no more pain and suffering and may we all be zoche to Moshiach in our days this year!!!!!!!!
Page 33 of 39   Previous  1  2  3 32  33  34 37  38  39  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed