Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Crib Recommendation

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 9:44 pm
I had a cradle for ds, at first. He bh outgrew that. We were away from home and had a pack n play which he almost never slept in because he slept with me Mad
Then the got used to sleeping in the stroller's bassinet part which he since outgrew too bh.

So what crib do we get now? He's 6 months old kah and weighs 20 pounds ba"h.

I would like to train him to sleep on his stomach, perhaps he'll sleep better and longer stretches at night. (I can use tips on that too.) Therefore, I would like something that's multi leveled and use the higher level at this point.

I'd prefer not to clutter my room with a portable crib.

Any recommendations, given his weight stated above? (Because some options I saw had a max weight limit of 20 lbs).

Thank you

LittleDucky

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 10:58 pm
amother wrote:
I had a cradle for ds, at first. He bh outgrew that. We were away from home and had a pack n play which he almost never slept in because he slept with me Mad
Then the got used to sleeping in the stroller's bassinet part which he since outgrew too bh.

So what crib do we get now? He's 6 months old kah and weighs 20 pounds ba"h.

I would like to train him to sleep on his stomach, perhaps he'll sleep better and longer stretches at night. (I can use tips on that too.) Therefore, I would like something that's multi leveled and use the higher level at this point.

I'd prefer not to clutter my room with a portable crib.

Any recommendations, given his weight stated above? (Because some options I saw had a max weight limit of 20 lbs).

Thank you

Do not get the sorelle (sold at babies r us, amazon and others). The paint Messed off in pieces when I touched the sides. It took forever to get my money back. Lots of calls, emails, pictures as proo.... I didn't like my kid waking up with paint chips surrounding them!

By the way, babies should not be stomach sleepers- it increases SIDS risk. If they flip over on their own, I was told it is ok to let them stay there but ask your pediatrician. Back is best.

And the top level is only for newborns. They can't be rolling or sitting yet. That's in most cribs I have seen. You don't want them rolling and falling out! Some have a max weight too and your son likely hit it already. Some might have a middle level but I don't know offhand brands that do.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 11:50 pm
LittleDucky wrote:
Do not get the sorelle (sold at babies r us, amazon and others). The paint Messed off in pieces when I touched the sides. It took forever to get my money back. Lots of calls, emails, pictures as proo.... I didn't like my kid waking up with paint chips surrounding them!

By the way, babies should not be stomach sleepers- it increases SIDS risk. If they flip over on their own, I was told it is ok to let them stay there but ask your pediatrician. Back is best.

And the top level is only for newborns. They can't be rolling or sitting yet. That's in most cribs I have seen. You don't want them rolling and falling out! Some have a max weight too and your son likely hit it already. Some might have a middle level but I don't know offhand brands that do.

I know back is best for newborns. Is it not ok for a 6 month old to sleep on its back since by then they hold themselves up well etc.?

Ye, top level on the pack n play I looked at has max weight of 20 lbs. thats why im reluctant to get that.

Any other recs??

ilovegod

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 10:26 am
Bump

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 10:37 am
The top level of most cribs/pack n plays will have a weight limit of about 15-20 pounds. They will also give a milestone limit- if your child can push up or roll over you shouldn't use the top level. You don't want the baby falling out!!
So getting something with a top level isn't a necessity for you since a 6month old, if he can't do this now will probably do it soon. So just get any well rated crib.

ilovegod

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 11:19 am
which porter crib would be best? I don't have too much space and don't want room to be crowded. I would like one with 3 level. Thanks everyone.

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 11:24 am
ilovegod wrote:
which porter crib would be best? I don't have too much space and don't want room to be crowded. I would like one with 3 level. Thanks everyone.

Porter crib with levels? Not sure.
But why need the levels since your child needs to be on the bottom anyways?
And he/she will outgrow the porter crib soon anyways. The ones I saw weren't that big.
Pack n plays have other mattresses you can get that may make it more comfy and easier to sleep on.

kb

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 11:58 am
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....White

This one has 3 levels.

We have something like this (or very similar, but it's this company) and were happy with it.

We did buy a thicker mattress after a few months.

nicole81

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 3:09 pm
ilovegod wrote:

I happen to like this one very much https://www.amazon.com/Babylet.....?th=1 but it only has 2 levels.

gande

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 4:51 pm
I personally use pack n plays. They are lower and the room looks emptier. I have special comfortable matresses for them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics