Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Lakewood- little girl shoes

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 7:19 pm
Where can I get shoes for a two and a half year old in lakewood (or online) that won't break the bank, but will be somewhat in style? Which lakewood shoe stores are cheapest/ have previous years' styles fir cheaper?

The kids all seem to be wearing european moccasin styles with a strap, or booties, or high top leather mary janes. I don't see them in regular chain stores. I don't need/want to be super stylish, but don't want DD to be nebby. Her morah for this coming year's kids are pretty well dressed...

debsey

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 9:49 pm
Jersey Step. (on Cedarbridge) is usually a drop more reasonable than other stores. Royal family has a sale room in their main location. I happen to think A Shoe Dream does the best fitting but if that's not your main concern, try Jersey Step first.

L K

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 9:53 pm
Royal if Nothing has changed has kids outlet section in the river ave location, not the main one.

sourstix

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 9:57 pm
I go to leah friedman (tescher) she does excelllent fit . she is not cheap. you can ask her for last years styles. she really knows how to fit well. for very young kids you can expect to pay somewhere between 60-70$

debsey

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 10:11 pm
L K wrote:
Royal if Nothing has changed has kids outlet section in the river ave location, not the main one.
I thought I noticed a sale room in royal family's main location - I was there 2 wks ago - but I could be wrong.

real israeli

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 10:19 pm
I don't have details but there is a shoe gemach in westgate that sells all of last years styles for cheaper (still 35-40/pair but less than this years stuff)

L K

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 11:19 pm
debsey wrote:
I thought I noticed a sale room in royal family's main location - I was there 2 wks ago - but I could be wrong.

Anything is possible, I guess it's worth to call before going.

kollel wife

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 10:01 am
There definitely used to be a g'mach in Westgate - I think there still is. (My kids got older - I can't do that anymore)

Also, if you an get stylish clothes - I'd say that's more important than shoes - Stride Rite - in the mall - you can get good shoes.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 10:45 am
Try 6pm.com. I got DD nice in-style Vennetini Shabbos shoes for $35. Works better if you know your DD's size. My DD is very consistent and I just go up a size in similar style shoe, when she's outgrown the last one, and it works for me.

L K

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 1:35 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Try 6pm.com. I got DD nice in-style Vennetini Shabbos shoes for $35. Works better if you know your DD's size. My DD is very consistent and I just go up a size in similar style shoe, when she's outgrown the last one, and it works for me.

If you find something on 6pm, sarch for the same pair on Amazon. If you buy from 6pm through Amazon you may be getting free returns (check the top of the listing), while if buying directly from 6pm customer pays return shipping.

Ps they've recently had a selection of weekday primigis in smaller toddler and little kid sizes

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 9:07 am
bumping this since I did not buy my girls school shoes yet. Since most people did their shopping already, please tell me who has the cheapest shoes yet will still do a good fit? I cringe at the prices but want my kids to look good. What to do?? Any shoe shopping tips in lakewood would be most appreciated!

L K

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 9:22 am
If I can't find what I need online I usually try royal family shoes that's has outlet on river ave, a few times had luck in jersey steps on cedarbrige.

Jersey steps now has tons of cute Mary Jane naturinos for $29.99, mostly spring/Shabbos but some colors could prob work for weekday too. Also some good naturino tall and short winter boots very cheaply, I think $20. you have to check whether they have sizes you need.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 9:26 am
[quote="L K"]If I can't find what I need online I usually try royal family shoes that's has outlet on river ave, a few times had luck in jersey steps on cedarbrige.

Jersey steps now has tons of cute Mary Jane naturinos for $29.99, mostly spring/Shabbos but some colors could prob work for weekday too. Also some good naturino tall and short winter boots very cheaply, I think $20. you have to check whether they have sizes you need.[/quote

thanks! Do you know if royal outlet has winter styles for girls? I bought my girls venettinis in jersey steps for $29.00 in the summer! The problem is my girls keep telling me that NO ONE is wearing the summer colors in school now. They want dark colored shoes.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 9:26 am
Every season a few weeks before the new shoes come in Royal on River Ave brings out last years shoes at huge discounts. My kids always have gorgeous shoes for $30-$40 a piece, I really don't care that it's last years. It's too late for this season, but something to keep in mind for the future.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 10:01 am
amother wrote:
Every season a few weeks before the new shoes come in Royal on River Ave brings out last years shoes at huge discounts. My kids always have gorgeous shoes for $30-$40 a piece, I really don't care that it's last years. It's too late for this season, but something to keep in mind for the future.

why is it too late for this season? School just started a few days ago. You sure there is no point in going today?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 2:01 pm
amother wrote:
why is it too late for this season? School just started a few days ago. You sure there is no point in going today?

For sure too late, the season doesn't start when school starts. The stores all brought in their new shoes beginning to mid-August. They bring out last years shoes on sale before that, so we're talking end of July, maybe the first week of August. They do have a sale section at the back, but it's nowhere near the selection of what they had.

Twinny Mommy

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:31 pm
sourstix wrote:
I go to leah friedman (tescher) she does excelllent fit . she is not cheap. you can ask her for last years styles. she really knows how to fit well. for very young kids you can expect to pay somewhere between 60-70$

Does anyone know where she is located?
Or which shoe stores in lakewood have a very good shoe fitter for a toddler with a very hard foot?

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:37 pm
She’s in brookhill in a basement.
If not her, go to shoe dream

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:39 pm
Twinny Mommy wrote:
Or which shoe stores in lakewood have a very good shoe fitter for a toddler with a very hard foot?

Mr Goldstein at shoe dream

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:39 pm
Twinny Mommy wrote:

By appointment only
46 Engleberg Ter, Lakewood Township, NJ, 08701. (732) 905-2518
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics