Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Hosting a sheitel sale in your home questions

mochacoffee

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 10:26 am
I constantly see sheitel companies asking for someone to host a sheitel sale in their home. I was thinking to maybe do it.

Do they give something to the person that's hosting?
Where do your husband and children stay? These events are usually 3-4 hours.
What is it like to have a bunch of strangers in your house? Especially when it gets busier.
Are there any cons to hosting?

mochacoffee

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 7:28 pm
bump

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 8:50 pm
Generally house parties give the hostess something based on the amount of sales. This information should be provided to you so that yiu can determine if it makes sense.

I am familiar with the parties where the hostess invites the people and it is best if the hostess has a broad social network who will show up. Perhaps there are some where the presenter invites her own list of people but this wouod be discussed. Obviously it's strange to open your house to a huge amount of complete strangers.

I would only do it if it made sense economically. In my experience house parties for big ticket items may not be worth the trouble because expensive items are not generally an impulse buy. What are the odds that a large number of women yiu know need a sheitel and are willing to purchase it on that day.

ETA I base this on having run a holiday gift thing with some friends. The smaller items sold well but there were very few takers for expensive handbags versus costume jewelry. Not sheitels but I think the same dynamics is at work in terms of what sells well. Hair accessories etc are an impulse buy.

mochacoffee

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 9:05 pm
Those are good points. I've been to a few sheitel sales and I've seen a lot of people there, but not as many buying.

I do think there is constantly a market for people needing an ok/good sheitel at a bargain price though.

vet techy

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 9:50 pm
I have hosted a sheitel company in my house. The woman who owed the company was just starting out and was a no name.
She paid for the ad and I got a free sheitel. Ir was worth it for me but she didn't get too many people buying because her sheitels were not good quality.
I did it in my basement and the men in the house knew not to come down.

Amarante

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 2:51 pm
If you are going to get something worthwhile for you regardless of success, then why not?

However, if the seller is putting an ad in the paper and anyone could come, I would only host if there was an area that would prevent people from wandering through your house.

Normally house sales are limited to friends or people in the hostess's social circle or they are held outside the living areas. For example, garage sales are held in garages or basements that are separate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels