Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Makeup

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 8:10 pm
My dd is going into eleventh grade. She's goes to a Bais Yaakov school, and has just asked me to take her to the mall to get makeup for the first time. What kind of makeup is reasonable to buy her? Where should I go? Thanx.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 9:06 pm
Mac is not so pricey and they have young looking makeups

#1mama

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 9:27 pm
Tinted moisturizer and tinted lip balm or gloss is young & easy ...or anything else you feel appropriate .

I am a Mary Kay consultant for cosmetic and skincare . Feel free to pm me I'll gladly help you .

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 9:57 pm
#1mama wrote:
Tinted moisturizer and tinted lip balm or gloss is young & easy ...or anything else you feel appropriate .

I am a Mary Kay consultant for cosmetic and skincare . Feel free to pm me I'll gladly help you .

No offense but... Getting makeup for the first time is really exciting to a teen. I would take her to a nice place to try on and buy makeup, like mac or one of the nice jewish makeup stores/spas. I don't think a teen would be thrilled with buying makeup thru a catalogue or something...

trixx

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 2:03 am
Bobbi Brown not mac. Much more natural and everyday look

bigblueyes

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 3:03 am
Bare minerals is sensitive and natural. Dont go heavy on the eyes,that looks clowny on young girls. Liner, mascara, and a swipe of shadow

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 3:43 am
I second bare minerals for foundation and bronzer. It's so light and airy, and you don't look as f you're wearing makeup. It's powder makeup- I don't know if your daughter has a preference.
I'd do something light and sheer with a little sparkle for eyeshadow, some fun lip gloss, and mascara.

#1mama

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 6:07 am
amother wrote:
No offense but... Getting makeup for the first time is really exciting to a teen. I would take her to a nice place to try on and buy makeup, like mac or one of the nice jewish makeup stores/spas. I don't think a teen would be thrilled with buying makeup thru a catalogue or something...

I can see your point about the mall excitement and can agree.

But then again - it's all preference. Some love the personal and convenient service of a consultant vs. some love malls πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

Just to clarify -With a consultant It's not buying through catalogs- it's try before you buy
I have a full display to see and try and my customers get personalized service & application tips like a personal shopper .

Catalogs is upon request.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 7:09 am
I remember going to the Clinique counter with my mother for my 16th birthday. She bought me foundation and blush. There was a free bonus that included some lipstick and shadow.

My teen DD actually rarely uses foundation - lucky girl has very clear, nice skin. She just wears eyeliner, a light shadow, blush, and lip gloss. She likes to go to Ulta or Sephora for her makeup.

L K

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 8:07 am
Mascara, eyeliner, lipstick, a few different colors of eyeshadow and optional something for skin, like powder or foundation, or powder foundation- it may be easier to use at first than liquid. And if you can afford- a good quality eyeshadow brush from. Mac are supposedly good, and I happen to like urban decay.

Eta: for eyeshadow, EstΓ©e Lauder seems to apply easily and hold well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children