Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Switching school system

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 12:43 pm
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with switching school system here in Israel?
We are Charedi from Chutz laretz and are not satisfied with the Charedi education here. We are also hashkafically different from mainstream Israeli Charedi society.
I would be interested to hear about experiences of changing school system whilst still being Charedi, if anyone has done this.

Thanks

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Sat, Sep 03 2016, 5:44 pm
Have you tried different Charedi schools? Not every school is the same. At lot depends on the school itself or the community itself. What exactly did you not like about the school/schools you've sent to?

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 2:49 pm
Yes, there are different nuances of Charedi schools aside from the obvious like Litvish and Chassidish.

Different schools teach different amounts of secular studies (e.g. all teach math, Hebrew, grammar etc. but not all teach English, science etc.). Also some are state funded and subject to state requirements (Chinuch Atzmai) and others are private (mukar she'eino rishmi).

Maybe if you post what area you are in and what bothers you in the current school/ cheder, someone can help you find something more suitable.

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 2:57 pm
amother wrote:
Yes, there are different nuances of Charedi schools aside from the obvious like Litvish and Chassidish.

Different schools teach different amounts of secular studies (e.g. all teach math, Hebrew, grammar etc. but not all teach English, science etc.). Also some are state funded and subject to state requirements (Chinuch Atzmai) and others are private (mukar she'eino rishmi).

Maybe if you post what area you are in and what bothers you in the current school/ cheder, someone can help you find something more suitable.

Also class sizes vary school to school or city to city. Just a difference in teacher or principal can make one school very different from another.

chani8

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 3:08 pm
Our kids were in regular charedi schools here in Israel, then we moved off the charedi derech and put our two youngest daughters in a 'public' charedi school, which I dont recommend, and eventually all our kids ended up in mamlachti dati schools (dati leumi).

Our kids have only good things to say about their DL schools.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions