Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Where to buy shabbos/yom Tov dresses for a 7 year old?

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 10:18 am
I have been looking in various stores for dresses for my almost 7 year old daughter. I have had no luck. I have looked at Target, children's place, Carter's, and everything they have is just awful. Everything is either too casual or way too colorful (I happen to be very picky when buying my daughter clothing). Last year I bought a few beautiful dresses from cookies kids, but when I went there yesterday, their clothing line was just awful. Any advice on where else I can go that will have nice dresses for a 7 year old suitable for shabbos and yomtov that won't break the bank? Thanks

cnc

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 10:21 am
Do you specifically want a store?
if you're fine with online try Next Direct.

Where are you located?

SingALong

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 10:38 am
Zara sometimes has nice things for Shabbos, dresses for $30-$40. you just may want to add a hem depending on how long you want it on her. Their dresses run short.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 11:58 am
cnc wrote:
Do you specifically want a store?
if you're fine with online try Next Direct.

Where are you located?

I would prefer a store and I am located in Kew gardens hills, Queens. I want to try to avoid the boutique stores here as they are very expensive.

cbg

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 2:23 pm
Off fifth
You can shop on line
I just bought my GD dresses, at 1/3 the price in other stores.
I think I paid $30-$32, very pretty.
The ones I bought are very princessy, but they also had styles that were not so frilly.

I went to Macy's the clothes looked so cheap quality and super expensive
I saw dresses $70-$90 for babies.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 10:51 pm
Try kidichic in flatbush very nice things and good prices. I think they also have online

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 11:01 pm
I know you said you prefer stores, but I just did very well for my 8 year old ordering from Amazon and Nordstrom's for an aufruf and sheva brachos. I ordered a whole bunch of things from each place and with free shipping and returns it was great. DD tried everything on, we picked the best of the lot, and returned the rest. I did the same thing with shoes.

I've heard people do well in Williamsburg. I think there's a store called Borlam's or something similar.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children