Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Thinking of moving to LA

dare2dream

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 7:51 am
However, my husband would need a job first before we made the move. I know it's super expensive to live there but we spent a shabbos in one of the frum areas and we really liked it and we are both open to the idea. My husband is in the nursing home field. Any ideas for how he could get a job in LA? I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Amarante

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 9:18 am
There are quite a lot of nursing homes and assisted living facilities in Los Angeles. Some are run by major chains and some are smaller facilities.

I would suggest networking by contacting administrators. Like my job hunts, it's best to network. He starts with his contacts and asks who they know in the field in Los Angeles. He then contacts those people and asks for INFORMATION not a job.

In my experience when I was starting out, many people were very helpful in referring me. I would offer to take people to lunch to ask about the field etc.

Is he a member of LinkedIn as this is a great way of seeing who is in his network.

I know if at least one nominally Jewish Corporation that owns an assisted living facility and nursing home. Their assisted living facility is called Carmel and is on Burton Way fairly close to Pico area as well as La Brea area but a few blocks from Beverly Hills. It is kosher and most residents are Jewish but not frum although Chabad and Yeshivas do visits there. Their nursing home is called Rehabilitation Center of Beverly Hills and is pretty much where anyone discharged from Cedars Sinai goes if they can't go home immediately. I have visited many neighbors there.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 2:11 pm
Bump...anyone else?

tichellady

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 2:42 pm
Who did he spend Shabbat with? Like amaranth said start by talking to people whom you know ( or sort of know) and go from there. That's really the best way to find a new job.

Carmen Luna

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 3:11 pm
A lot of people in the Jewish community there are very wealthy from nursing homes. Maybe he gets a job working for them?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating