Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Paysach krohn mohel

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Sep 07 2016, 7:56 pm
Anyone use him as a mohel?

sarahleah88

Post Wed, Sep 07 2016, 8:01 pm
Yes, we did. Excellent and all went well.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Sep 07 2016, 8:03 pm
I may use him for a bris next week. (May have to change mohels. Baby is a month old already)Do u know how much he charges?

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Sep 07 2016, 8:06 pm
Yes, but we were really using his son. The baby's bris was pushed off and his son (the original mohel) was not going to be there so he asked his father to substitute. So I never spoke to him before or after the bris (meaning, he only saw the baby at the bris).
He was extremely friendly

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Sep 07 2016, 8:13 pm
We used him. Had a wonderful experience. He 'charges' $600 but will take less if that's not affordable.

Lani22

Post Wed, Sep 07 2016, 8:45 pm
We used him twice, he was beyond excellent.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Sep 07 2016, 9:02 pm
He is tops. I would of loved to have used him if he was local.
My cousin used him and she isn't even frum and her husband is not Jewish and he was very worried but he is a doctor so he felt if anything would go wrong he was right there. He was so impressed that when they had their next sonwS born he immediately called Pesach Krohn. He wouldn't have anyone else.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Sep 07 2016, 9:44 pm
Had a disaster with him. He showed up forty five minutes late to my bris that was very on time because it was right before yuntif.
I would never use him again because of his lack of consideration. However he did do a fine job with the actual bris.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Sep 07 2016, 9:53 pm
amother wrote:
We used him. Had a wonderful experience. He 'charges' $600 but will take less if that's not affordable.

Odd he told us his fee was $1000 and that was 22 years ago.
Anon to keep my identity private

m in Israel

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 2:42 am
We used him 4 times and were happy every time. He does get booked up quickly so you should call him as soon as possible -- we called from the hospital as soon as the baby was born. He was on time for each bris -- amother for whom he was late, was there an explanation? It seems kind of strange. By all my brisim he was there a bit early to come speak to the mother and have a last minute "check" of the baby before the bris started.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 2:53 am
No explanation just kind of said slichos took a while . Really brushed us off when he arrived since my husband had called a few times while he was in the car.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 5:05 pm
I don't live in NY, but my parents used him for my brother, after having a bad experience with a different mohel who messed up on another brother.

He is The Top - professional, knowledgeable and did a perfect job.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 5:55 pm
Thanks. I didn't know a mohel charges a fee. With the he mohel I used in the past you gave what u can. I thought they r not allowed to charge....
Anyways I am not sure what I am doing yet anyways.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 6:01 pm
It's a profession like any other. How else is a mohel supposed to keep himself available for brisim? If he takes a day job then he won't be able to make brisim. This is his day job.

cnc

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 6:11 pm
amother wrote:
Odd he told us his fee was $1000 and that was 22 years ago.
Anon to keep my identity private

My father also said he charged $1000 20-25 years ago.
For those saying that a mohel can't charge- you're correct. Those that do charge technically charge for examining the baby etc...

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 9:39 pm
IIRC they say, Give what you can, and the fee is just suggested.

I also remember he charged $600, 10 years ago. Our son had hypospadias and we needed to consult with a urologist before the bris.

The urologist, who told us that if we were able to use R' Krohn, we should. The bris was slightly more complex, and the urologist trusted R' Krohn with it.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 9:47 pm
I was extremely happy with the mohel I used. He was very professional and patient and gave very clear instructions etc. He did not charge a penny, and b'shita doesn't charge anyone... I know he works in operating rooms in special cases.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics