Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
My husband missed his court date (nj)

freshair

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 10:40 pm
My husband missed his court date for a traffic violation my 2 hours. Getting something out of my husband clearly is very hard for me but that is a separate discussion. He claims to have spoken to the clerk and she issues him a new date. But I'm not sure that's true. How can I find out if this is true and I'm worried there is a warrent out for his arrest due to the missed court date. Anyone familiar with? Located in Lakewood.

cnc

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 10:42 pm
I highly doubt that you get arrested for missing a traffic violation court date.
A suspended licensed may be more like it.

cnc

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 10:43 pm
try looking it up by license number at the DMV site.

freshair

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 10:44 pm
Do they submit so easily a new court date?

cnc

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 10:45 pm
staystrong wrote:
Do they submit so easily a new court date?

I'm in NY and you an postpone it up to 3 times IIRC (easily).

freshair

Post Fri, Sep 09 2016, 10:33 am
Now he just wants to pay the ticket and get over it. Will he still have to pay the court fees?

sourstix

Post Fri, Sep 09 2016, 11:00 am
I never heard of being in court for a regular traffic violation. many people get tickets and just pay them and move on. if there are many tickets and a different violation then thats a different story. I think you should be honest with him and tell him your worried he will get arrested. he needs to be honest with you.

sourstix

Post Sat, Sep 10 2016, 10:14 pm
Apparently I didn't know this but yes you have to go to court evrytime you have a moving violation. And plead guilty. If you are not guilty I guess he needs a lawyer to fight it. But after a certain amount of time if he doesn't respond he might be out for arrest it really depends on what his violations are and yes go on dmv and check what his status is. But why won't he be honest with you? Are there honesty issues altogether? Then it's time to go for help. Sorry that you are going through this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics