Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
They are always FIGHTING!!!! Driving me nuts

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Sep 10 2016, 7:10 pm
How do I get my 5 and 7 yo to stop FIGHTING??? It's driving me crazy - the constant yelling and whining while I'm trying to nap for 1 hour on shabbos (or if we are home for a few hours on a Sunday). It's usually the little one bugging the big one. Small apartment so hard to get away from it. Any advice would be great. 5yo has a tough time entertaining himself without someone facilitating. He's got Legos, Magnatiles, bristle blocks, and lots of other cr*p but doesn't want to play with any of it. DH is no help at all because he is either asleep or at work (Sundays) so please don't suggest getting him involved.

amother
Gold

Post Sat, Sep 10 2016, 7:39 pm
I hate to tell you this, but I was never able to nap when I had a five year old. (By the time the youngest was seven, it was occasionally possible.) I rested on the couch and commented regularly on what said five year old was building/doing, occasionally helping out. Sundays, I allow educational games/videos on the computer or tablet and rest.

My dh used to also always be asleep. I would ask him to plan out half an hour to an hour for you to lay down until the clocks change. If not every week, maybe even other. Give him something concrete to do with them like shabbos party.

If not, is there a neighbor you can switch off on Shabbos? You have her kids over for an hour, she has yours for an hour?

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Sep 10 2016, 7:47 pm
amother wrote:
I hate to tell you this, but I was never able to nap when I had a five year old. (By the time the youngest was seven, it was occasionally possible.) I rested on the couch and commented regularly on what said five year old was building/doing, occasionally helping out. Sundays, I allow educational games/videos on the computer or tablet and rest.

My dh used to also always be asleep. I would ask him to plan out half an hour to an hour for you to lay down until the clocks change. If not every week, maybe even other. Give him something concrete to do with them like shabbos party.

If not, is there a neighbor you can switch off on Shabbos? You have her kids over for an hour, she has yours for an hour?

Thanks for responding. I don't have neighbors like this. but I think I can just try to manage my own time a little better on shabbos. It's just so frustrating that the 5 year old can't play nicely for an hour.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics