Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Hadera and Hatzor Hagliglit

nia73

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 10:21 am
Hey ladies
We still have our interest in Tel Tzion but we were wondering if anyone has info on Hadera abd/or Hatzor Hagligit. They were suggested to me due to my medical social work background.

grace413

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 11:19 am
Don't know anything about either of these places but it reminded me of a relatively new city Harish, which 16 close to Hadera.

Harish has haredi and date-leumi people living there.

Maybe worthwhile for you to check out.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 11:35 am
All I know about Hatzor is that there is a huge gur community

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 12:30 pm
Like Grace said Harish has a large dati community. It's a new city though with everything that entails. It still looks like a construction site. I also cant really characterize the population yet because they are just starting to move in. I do know a few young families who just moved there, nice dati leumi types, some more liberal some more conservative.
Harish is past the green line. You need to drive past checkpoints to get there. It's about 30 min from Hillel Yafe, the hospital in Hadera. Apartments are relatively cheap in Harish compared to Hadera. I think its mostly apartments and not private homes.
Hadera is a nice city with different neighborhoods, some quite spread out. You need to look at the map to see where you want to be. The best is to live near your kids' schools, especially if they are in elementary. You can drive 10 min to work, but it's priceless for kids to be able to walk to school or have their friends close by.
Hadera is a mainly secular or traditional city but there is a large dati leumi community (mostly located around the Otzar neighborhood and תחכמוני elementary) and a large charedi one (I think in the שימשון area). The charedim are very Israeli, hardcore charedim, no anglos I know of. In fact very few anglos in Hadera in general. There are tons of new French immigrants though especially among the dati leumi.
I have some friends there so know a bit about the place.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 12:35 pm
Hadera is also much closer to everything than Hatzor. You have a train that takes you to Tel Aviv or Haifa in 30 min. In Hatzor you are pretty much stuck in the middle of nowhere. (Though the view is nice).
Hadera is also developing much more rapidly than Hatzor. There is a new hi tech park being constructed IIRC, a world class outdoor mall being built by the train, etc. Also you have the beach which is a huge plus.

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 1:33 pm
Chatzor is a very big chasidsh ger community.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions