Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Tricking School into Accepting Unvaxxed Kids
  Previous  1  2  3  20  21  22

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 12:18 pm
suremom wrote:
I'm still waiting for a reply on this one from all amothers claiming our herd immunity is being affected.

It's available online. It's different for every infectious disease based on how 'contagious' the disease. I.e. Measles is the highest. If people can do enough research on their own to understand dozens of decades of research in vaccinology, surely these questions can be answered by reading a few epidemiology papers. The calculations are somewhat straight forward. Sorry, these debates drive me too crazy most of the time. They go in circles. People are mad on both sides and very few understand.

marina

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 2:41 pm
Maybe wrote:
Thanks for your legal advice, here are some lawyers who have won in court

http://www.sirillp.com/

http://vaccinecommonsense.com/.....f-us/

I couldn't open your first link and your second is just an advertisement for an attorney. Says nothing about any case won against a private school.

Before replying to this, please read my above posts and what citation I'm looking for. Can't keep repeating myself.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 3:48 pm
marina wrote:
In general, the law is that recipients of federal financial aid are subject to federal anti-discrimination laws, etc., but for private schools, funds that are given to benefit the students directly ( I.e. lunch, Title I) are not considered federal funds because they are not going to benefit the private school itself.

Interesting the difference between the types of funding.
Where would government security grants or security guards fall?
What type of federal financial aid requires compliance with anti-discrimination laws? Federally backed student loans do, which is why any college that accepts them can't discriminate. Hence the bottom of Touro's (and most colleges) advertisements that they don't discriminate on race, ethnicity etc. but which ones apply for private schools?

marina

Post Sat, Sep 10 2016, 10:54 pm
amother wrote:
Interesting the difference between the types of funding.
Where would government security grants or security guards fall?
What type of federal financial aid requires compliance with anti-discrimination laws? Federally backed student loans do, which is why any college that accepts them can't discriminate. Hence the bottom of Touro's (and most colleges) advertisements that they don't discriminate on race, ethnicity etc. but which ones apply for private schools?

I haven't researched this issue in depth, but from what I understand funding that requires compliance is funding that could potentially be considered profit that the CEOs could put in the bank. Student loans result in profit that CEOs could put in the bank, but lunch money for k-12 only goes for lunch. Security, I imagine would be the same.

HappytoHS

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 7:40 am
amother wrote:
It's available online. It's different for every infectious disease based on how 'contagious' the disease. I.e. Measles is the highest. If people can do enough research on their own to understand dozens of decades of research in vaccinology, surely these questions can be answered by reading a few epidemiology papers. The calculations are somewhat straight forward. Sorry, these debates drive me too crazy most of the time. They go in circles. People are mad on both sides and very few understand.

Vaccinologist amother, dd12 would like to do a unit on vaccines - the history, the science behind them, results of vaccines, etc.. Can you recommend some good resources such as books, websites, studies? It's ok if they're adult resources. I'll be working with her. Thanks!
Page 22 of 22   Previous  1  2  3  20  21  22 Recent Topics