Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Two first names

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 6:21 pm
Anyone spell out a hebrew name as two first names because it looked better that way in English like (not the actual name but just to get the idea across) Bat Ami Bat Chen or Ben Zion instead of making it one word?? Like Batami. Anyone do this without hyphen. Does this confuse things on legal documents? Like English names Mary Kate and Betty Sue....

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 12:32 am
I haven't done this so feel free to ignore my opinion.

I think that if the name is still pronounced correctly as one word I would keep it as one word, such as "Benzion". But "Batami" would be harder to pronounce correctly, so for that name I would use the two names, and teach her to spell her name as two words, just like if her name was "Chaya Malka". She can always choose to use a nickname if she prefers to go with a one-word name, like Tami for the Bat Ami example.

As for legal stuff, I think you can have a space in the first name, so both Bat and Ami would be the first name without a middle name.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 12:41 am
What about a dash? Bat-ami Or capitalization, BatAmi
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names