Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Touro online + a job- anyone done this?

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 12:29 pm
I'm thinking seriously about getting my bachelor's from Touro online.
Has anyone done this?
Also I need to be able to make money with it (at least 45-50k starting) because I dont have the luxury of going on to my masters immediately but BH have a beautiful family with expenses to match. So which degree would you recommend from there?
Is it reasonable to work at the same time?

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 2:33 pm
I'm in an online degree program although not Touro. I'm at CUNY online and working full-time with a family. It's not easy. I can't take a full course load. I don't know if at Touro you'd be able to........... I guess it depends. Some people have advised me that I should switch to Touro because I'd be able to finish faster since it's supposedly easier and geared to a frum lifestyle e.g. working, kids, holiday schedules.........

I'd like to hear from Touro folks how it is

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 3:07 pm
I'm getting an online masters not from tuoro, while working part time and with a family. A BA will be easier but prepare for it to take over a good bit of ur "free" time.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 3:13 pm
I'm doing TUW, which is Touro online, and working in a job that involves quite a lot of homework. I'm also a single mother of little kids.

BH it is definitely doable, though you may not like my housekeeping standards lol.

The setup is: The terms run over 8 weeks, a module per week. 2 weekly discussions per module, where you need to post at least twice per discussion, and demonstrate what you've learned from the readings and lectures. Each threaded discusdion has a deadline.

At week 4 there is a midterm assignment and again a final at week 8.

All needed books, databases, and materials are available on the online library for free.

spring chick

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 4:22 pm
Depending on what masters you want to eventually pursue, you may be able to get an excelsior degree that would do the trick and save you a bunch of money.
mrs weinberg in brooklyn offers it. I used her and was really happy.
her number is 718-252-4649

Hatzlacha!

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 7:48 pm
spring chick wrote:
Depending on what masters you want to eventually pursue, you may be able to get an excelsior degree that would do the trick and save you a bunch of money.
mrs weinberg in brooklyn offers it. I used her and was really happy.
her number is 718-252-4649

Hatzlacha!

Is that the combined degree package deal? So you get an accelerated program?
I'm just curious: do they offer credits for seminary like Touro? Also does she have a website?
Another question: why go through her and not Excelsior?
Thanks!

fbmommy

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 9:25 pm
If you live in Brooklyn or somewhere where a masters in special ed can get you a well paying job I would recommend doing that. I had a friend who did her bachelors in 6 months through sara schenirer (combination of cleps/online classes/other tests) and then started her masters with them. after her first semester I believe she was already ablet to work with some form of temporary certification. her bachelors was pretty cheap, and for the masters you can take out student loans and be working before you have to pay them bak.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 11:08 am
amother wrote:
Is that the combined degree package deal? So you get an accelerated program?
I'm just curious: do they offer credits for seminary like Touro? Also does she have a website?
Another question: why go through her and not Excelsior?
Thanks!

Bumping this question to spring chick
Tia

spring chick

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 1:27 pm
its a bachelor's degree. you can use it towards most masters programs.
her website is eecdegrees.com and email is eecdegrees@gmail.com

and using her is easier because majority of the tests are on jewish subjects, things you're already familiar with so its easy to move through the program quickly.
also she's super helpful and gives you all the time you need...

Hatzlacha!

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 2:38 pm
spring chick wrote:
its a bachelor's degree. you can use it towards most masters programs.
her website is eecdegrees.com and email is eecdegrees@gmail.com

and using her is easier because majority of the tests are on jewish subjects, things you're already familiar with so its easy to move through the program quickly.
also she's super helpful and gives you all the time you need...

Hatzlacha!

Thanks so much I'll look into it

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 8:22 pm
bump.

did any of u do it?

im thinking of doing online college..

part of me would love to go to real college and learn new things... the other part of me has to pay bills Smile and there are no 4 year colleges near me so that doesnt help

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 8:26 pm
I looked at EEC

im not really pro these fly by night programs, but I wanted to check it out.. I mean 6 months for what usually takes 4 years?

#1 I am appalled at the spelling mistakes on their website - isnt this a college for higher education?!
#2 $50 per credit my research shows u need appx 120 credits to graduate = $6000
NO FAFSA

tigerwife

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 10:14 pm
amother wrote:
I looked at EEC

im not really pro these fly by night programs, but I wanted to check it out.. I mean 6 months for what usually takes 4 years?

#1 I am appalled at the spelling mistakes on their website - isnt this a college for higher education?!
#2 $50 per credit my research shows u need appx 120 credits to graduate = $6000
NO FAFSA

$6,000 for an entire bachelor's is nothing. I paid more than that per 18 credit semester.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics