Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Tefilah- Please share any empowering/inspiring words

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 8:27 am
I struggle a lot to daven. Of course Elul comes around and I work on getting inspired...don't want to just come RH and YK and daven....I want some inspiration! I also want some nice words to encourage my students to daven.

Please share anything beautiful about Tefilah!

(General/specific tefillos we say during the week)

mandksima

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 4:23 pm
I used to have a much harder time davening but I have found new inspiration as time goes by.

I find Shemona Esrai to be very powerful. When you concentrate on the words, you realize that everyday we mention that Hashem is redeeming us soon, sending moshiach, rebuilding the Beit Hamikdash and Yerushalim to its former splendor and after that reviving the dead! These are not just ideas, this is our reality now. We are living in the days immediately before Moshiach that represent what the nation of Israel has been davening for since the tefillot were created. We have this great zechut to be part of this generation!

Listen to a shiur about Moshiach coming soon if you haven't lately (there are so, so many B"H like Rabbi Mendel Kessin, Rabbi Alon Anava, Rabbi Yaron Reuven, Rabbi Mizrahi - everything is online) and then when you daven and say the words, you will feel differently. Beseech Hashem for Him to send Moshiach immediately and end our exile. Remind yourself that the exile hurts Hashem and He wants to end it too. You can daven for the things you need and want as well in the Shema Koleinu part but, remember - those things will be given to you when we are redeemed (no physical, emotional, financial, mental or spiritual worries anymore) so asking for Moshiach is even better! Ask Hashem to open up everyone's eyes so everyone is equally aware!

We won't need to daven for the sick anymore in the future so get this mitzvah now! When davening for a refuah for someone else, (always keep a list of names in your siddur to make it personal) remember that Hashem ending all sickness and death is better than a cure for a current illness or success for a surgery!

Remember to concentrate on the asking forgiveness section to be worthy of being around when Moshiach arrives! End all grudges so Hashem will remove any against you. Fill your days with Torah, Tzedakah and gimilut chassadim. You will start to look forward to davening when you internalize this and it is a helpful daily reminder to come out of our own busy lives and the distraction that it makes for us and see the big picture of our lives about to change, all of us together. Concentrate on feelings of love for all fellow Jews when you daven as well. Tefilla is a gift to us when we approach it knowing that and using the words to anchor our day and center us.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 5:12 pm
Beautiful ideas. Thanks.
ANyone have inspiration in motivting to actuallly daven and powe of tefillah?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational