Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Smocks for Elementary school kids

esther11

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 6:41 pm
I'm looking for smocks for elementary aged kids, grades 1-5. Any good recommendations?
I obviously don't want too expensive but I kinda need it to hold up to heavy use, so I'd pay if needed!

Thanks!

singleagain

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 9:35 pm
If you mean smocks like for arts and crafts to protect clothing, this is perfect use for old t-shirts that you don't wear anymore and are hanging out in back if closet.... Even an old button down that isn't totally ruined but bit st you'd wear out of the house

esther11

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 9:38 pm
singleagain wrote:
If you mean smocks like for arts and crafts to protect clothing, this is perfect use for old t-shirts that you don't wear anymore and are hanging out in back if closet.... Even an old button down that isn't totally ruined but bit st you'd wear out of the house

So im the first one to do that! issue is I need to buy a bunch for a full class (like 25-30 kids lets say)

singleagain

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 9:40 pm
Why do you have to buy for the whole class? Can't you just have the kids bring an old T-shirt of their parent in?

esther11

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 10:02 pm
I'm getting them for a school, so its for multiple classes. The idea is that the smpcks will belong to the school and remain in the classroom for whenever needed instead of coordinating the correct classes to bring smocks on the correct day

ruby slippers

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 10:04 pm
ugh! I hated wearing smocks for art- I felt they were so constrictive.

singleagain

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 10:08 pm
Ah. I see

I found a package if ten on Amazon for ten dollars https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1

Amazon also has options with sleeve coverage and out of more plastic material if you were thinking of that, but those start at 5 dollars each... That I saw

youngishbear

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 10:49 pm
I bought one for about 7 dollars in a local dry goods store. The sleeves are comfortable because it's just a piece of fabric but the entire front has a plastic lining to protect clothing.

I don't think sleeveless ones offer much protection. Full-sleeve vinyl ones are very restrictive and uncomfortable. There are thin smocks but they won't hold up to institutional use.

Every option has its pros and cons. Your budget is a major factor too.

seeker

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 1:06 am
Personally I like the IKEA ones for my kids. Elastic wrists and plastic material that doesn't leak through, not expensive. Not sure if they would fit through 5th grade, they're quite roomy on my first grader though.

But if I were ordering for a school I'd do it through a school supplier, they usually have the right type of quality for heavy use and good bulk pricing.

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children