Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Stopping to nap

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 10:08 pm
At what age did ur toddlers stop napping. My dd is 23 months. They nap the kids for 1.5 hrs in playgroup and I cant get her to sleep before 930

pesek zman

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 10:27 pm
1.5 hour nap is completely appropriate for that age. What time is the nap. 9:30 is way too late for her to go to sleep!

amother
White

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 11:03 pm
At that age some kids don't need a nap anymore. I would tell them to wake her after a half hour or stop napping her altogether. That's too late for her to be going to sleep

SingALong

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 11:00 am
Ds is 2 1/2, he naps for an hour from 2-3. (I wake him at 3 since I need to pick up older ds). He comes home from playgroup only at 2, so I can't nap him earlier. He hoes to bed about 6:30-7, but will read/play in his crib for 1/2 hour before falling asleep.

Until recently he napped for 2 hours daily from about 12-2. Every so often he skips it. I always let him lay down after playgroup with a bottle and blanket. If he needs it he falls asleep if he doesn't then he gets up and plays.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 11:08 am
Mine stopped napping at 15
Months. Just skip the nap and make bedtime a little earlier.

mha3484

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 11:26 am
DS stopped napping around 2 1/2. He would go to sleep around 9pm. Once he dropped the nap he started sleeping much better at night. He went to school the following fall so it was good timing.

lfab

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 11:33 am
Every kid is different. One of my kids didn't stop napping until 3 1/2, she was a wreck without the nap. My current toddler just turned 2 last month and stopped napping a few weeks ago. For several months now bedtime was really difficult. She would cry and want to come out of her crib, etc. for a really long time. Many nights she didn't end up going to sleep until 9:00-9:30. A few weeks ago she missed her nap several days in a row due to various things that came up. We noticed that not only did she go to sleep much better, she was also acting fine, not cranky, without the nap. B"H the babysitter/playgroup I have her at is really great and they are willing to leave her up even though all the other kids still nap. I think the norm is probably closer to 2/12 to 3 for kids to stop napping entirely, but follow your child's cues. I wish we had stopped my DD's naps several months ago, but I had it in my head that she was too little to stop napping to I kept insisting on it.

little_mage

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 9:03 pm
My son stopped napping at around that age.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics