Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
I am just so annoyed! but dnt no wot do about it..

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 5:39 pm
a good friend of mine just informed me that she is going to be sending her baby to a prenursery/childminder where I work. from past experience I know that it is really not the ideal place for a baby that age, the whole setup of the place is not organized and because there is a big mix of ages here, im talking 0-3 years, all in the same area (it is in someones house)the babies are very often neglected. I am so annoyed that I cant reveal the truth about the place. at the moment I am looking for a job elsewhere , I am so sick of the place. I wish I could say something to her to put her off, but she already sent one of her older girls there and says she is happy.
I know from experience that, yes, the kids could be having a wondourful time, but as an insider I really dont think they are wellooked after and are in the optimum care.

tweety1

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 8:26 pm
I understand your dilemma but if I wouldve been that good friend of yours I wouldve like you to tell me. Thats one part of what good friends are abt; to protect each other even if its inconvenient.

imasinger

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 8:43 pm
It sounds like you already tried to tell her your concerns, and she told you that she was happy there in the past.

Perhaps one thing you could say is, "I know you are planning to send Baby to Work Daycare. If you try it and don't think it's working out, I'd recommend X Daycare as a great alternative."

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 8:51 pm
How well do you know her? There are places I wouldn't send my child to but others like it because its convienient. Tell her more about the place in a neutral way and let her decide on her own and tell her what parts bother you but that many are happy

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 8:44 pm
amother wrote:
a good friend of mine just informed me that she is going to be sending her baby to a prenursery/childminder where I work. from past experience I know that it is really not the ideal place for a baby that age, the whole setup of the place is not organized and because there is a big mix of ages here, im talking 0-3 years, all in the same area (it is in someones house)the babies are very often neglected. I am so annoyed that I cant reveal the truth about the place. at the moment I am looking for a job elsewhere , I am so sick of the place. I wish I could say something to her to put her off, but she already sent one of her older girls there and says she is happy.
I know from experience that, yes, the kids could be having a wondourful time, but as an insider I really dont think they are wellooked after and are in the optimum care.

If you work there y not keep a "special" eye on him/her?

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 9:04 pm
As someone whose friend's baby was killed by neglect in daycare... I think you absolutely must tell her your concerns. You also should make an anonymous report to whatever government entity inspects and certifies this daycare. This could literally be a life or death situation.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 5:08 pm
thanks for your replies. but what are the halochos of loshon hora in this area?? like what am I allowed to say?
another friend also asked me if she should send her baby there and I said just make good enquiries. ie. call up the boss and find out exactly how many kids, what ages, ratio of kids to staff members etc. bh she sent elsewhere to somewhere that caters to kids that age.
but this friend now did not ask me, she just informed me her baby will be coming soon..I just kept quiet and then she said "I dont actually know about the place, well you work there...you know.. but I know im happy there!"

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 5:12 pm
your friends baby was "killed by neglect"?? Silent

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 5:18 pm
amother wrote:
thanks for your replies. but what are the halochos of loshon hora in this area?? like what am I allowed to say?
another friend also asked me if she should send her baby there and I said just make good enquiries. ie. call up the boss and find out exactly how many kids, what ages, ratio of kids to staff members etc. bh she sent elsewhere to somewhere that caters to kids that age.
but this friend now did not ask me, she just informed me her baby will be coming soon..I just kept quiet and then she said "I dont actually know about the place, well you work there...you know.. but I know im happy there!"

if it's a danger to the baby, you really shouldn't be worrying about the day care's parnossah. danger is danger, and you're obligated to warn her.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 5:24 pm
its not actual danger, just they dont get the care they deserve.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 5:58 pm
amother wrote:
your friends baby was "killed by neglect"?? Silent

Yes. He was placed down for a nap swaddled and face down. And then left unattended for hours.

lucky14

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 10:23 pm
amother wrote:
Yes. He was placed down for a nap swaddled and face down. And then left unattended for hours.

That is so horrible Sad

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 11:27 pm
How can you not mention it to her?? Wouldn't you want someone to tell you?

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 11:51 pm
amother wrote:

This is way more than neglect. This could be manslaughter.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics