Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
HELP! HOW TO GET INTO SCHOOL LAKEWOOD?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 1:21 am
Me and my husband have been seriously considering moving to lakewood.
We have 2 daughters and oldest is to be 3 on February. I didn't grow up frum so im really lost on how and when I should sign her up? What can I do to improve my daughter acceptance into school? We are chassidish and considering Bas Yisroel Viznitz and Bnei Bina? shock

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 1:52 am
Good luck!

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 4:47 am
Pull, pull and more pull!
Use whatever proteksia you got! It's best to apply somewhere where you have an "in."

And if all elsev fails, there's always the va'ad...

Btw, its Bnos Binah.

sky

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 10:15 am
I thought the vaad just does the litvish schools.

Don't know about the chassidish schools, but most schools in Lakewood only start for kids turning 5 by January. So you may have some time.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 10:20 am
IIRC I think the Visnitz school may have a Kindergarten. Don't quote me on that, but I used to have a Chassidish neighbor and I think she once mentioned that.

Other than that, OP, welcome to Lakewood where schools mostly start in Primary - that's Pre-1-A everywhere else in the greater NY area (to the best of my knowledge). So if your oldest will be 3 in February, you have plenty of time to worry about schools for her. You need to look for a nursery playgroup for her for next year; and if you aiming for a Chassidish school, I strongly recommend a yiddish-speaking Chassidish playgroup. Many schools call the playgroup Morahs for references, so you will make a better impression if the playgroup your child is in is a Chassidish Morah known to the schools you are aiming for.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 12:13 pm
So if I got it right kids in Lakewood go to playgroup/kindergarten 2 years previous to school? Question

sourstix

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 12:19 pm
Yes it's called playgroup. Then they start primary at 5. Which is pre1a in ny. The nursery and kindergarten in ny is the same as playgroup. The Norah's in playgroup do the same stuff like in nursery and kindergarten. So ur kid will be up to par.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 12:26 pm
Chayalle wrote:
IIRC I think the Visnitz school may have a Kindergarten. Don't quote me on that, but I used to have a Chassidish neighbor and I think she once mentioned that.

Other than that, OP, welcome to Lakewood where schools mostly start in Primary - that's Pre-1-A everywhere else in the greater NY area (to the best of my knowledge). So if your oldest will be 3 in February, you have plenty of time to worry about schools for her. You need to look for a nursery playgroup for her for next year; and if you aiming for a Chassidish school, I strongly recommend a yiddish-speaking Chassidish playgroup. Many schools call the playgroup Morahs for references, so you will make a better impression if the playgroup your child is in is a Chassidish Morah known to the schools you are aiming for.

That's great! I always felt bad for those little 3 year olds hoping on the bus!

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 4:15 pm
Hi,

I think that some of the chassideshe schools may start with kindergarten - I think that Bnos Bina, Bais Rochel and Viznitz do. So if your daughter is turning three in Feb 2017, you would apply in fall of 2017 for the 2018-19 school year.

Hatzlacha!

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 11:57 pm
All the Chassidish girl schools begin at kindergarten.

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 12:01 am
Rebbitzem/Mrs. Weisblum has a Yiddish 3 year old nursery school. She used to be a principle at one of the Chassidish girl schools I think, and she is very respected by the schools.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating