Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What to send in laws for rosh hashana??

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 6:34 pm
So...we wanna send something but not sure what. They do a lot for us, we stay by them for yom tov, we visit when we can for weekends. They buy us things, they treat us so well and are wonderful people. I'd love to get them something for Rosh Hashanah, something not too expensive (they know we can't afford, even tho they deserve a bunch!!), something that sends the message of how much we appreciate them. I was thinking flowers, but I also feel like that's a typical "couldn't think of something else nice, so figured you can't go wrong with flowers" kinda gift. Any ideas? Tia!!

myself

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 6:38 pm
What about one of the honey gifts in this link? https://www.ohnuts.com/buy.cfm.....w=136

SingALong

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 6:47 pm
Would you do a pretty bencher/card idea with the brachos and yehi ratzons for all the different things we eat rosh Hashana? It says it in the machzor but it's ice to have something for the table that's easy to use.

kelsorino

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 7:02 pm
We got my parents t-lite holders for when everyone comes over. A beautiful set of like 6 doesnt have to be so expensive.
Also would love to add that this is a beautiful post I love "I love my inlaws" post.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 8:06 pm
amother wrote:
So...we wanna send something but not sure what. They do a lot for us, we stay by them for yom tov, we visit when we can for weekends. They buy us things, they treat us so well and are wonderful people. I'd love to get them something for Rosh Hashanah, something not too expensive (they know we can't afford, even tho they deserve a bunch!!), something that sends the message of how much we appreciate them. I was thinking flowers, but I also feel like that's a typical "couldn't think of something else nice, so figured you can't go wrong with flowers" kinda gift. Any ideas? Tia!!

thats really sweet!

im in the same boat!

my inlaws are so amazing and they dont even know it...

I would love to get them something.. not expensive bec they know we cant afford Smile )

they have the cards (I think)

and she has tea light holders she loves, replacing them would be an insult

ill be following this thread for ideas

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 8:08 pm
Myself, singalong, kelsorino, thanks for responses!! We will look into those honey gifts, tea lights and the woman in card are good ideas and I'm so happy that I'm able to give you an I love my in laws post Wink

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 11:38 am
amother wrote:
Myself, singalong, kelsorino, thanks for responses!! We will look into those honey gifts, tea lights and the woman in card are good ideas and I'm so happy that I'm able to give you an I love my in laws post Wink

I Just saw this and I thought of you!

(my inlaws have a honey dish already, this one is really awesome!!)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKZHMF9hbdz/

here a link to their website

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 11:56 am
Is there a type of cookie or baked something your MIL likes that you make.
This is what I would do.
I would say the entire Sefer Tehillim dedicated to them.
I would write a beautiful note that I read it for their Zechut.
And send it with some home baked cookies in a tin.

This would something that no one else would be able to give them.

gibberish

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 12:09 pm
I would send honey cookies and baked goods on a crystal platter with a nice note.

amother
Black

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 1:48 pm
I happen to be a mother in law who loves my kids to pieces, so if you don't mind, can I offer an idea?? I am guessing, based on the little snippets I read, that your inlaws don't seem to be people who are demanding or into "gifts" as much as they enjoy you and your family. How about you give them a beautiful poem and a collage of pictures of kids/grandkids or a snapfish book, etc?? We just like to know we are loved and appreciated. We know our kids don't have $$ and don't want our kids to spend it on us. But remember, it is the little things that count. So, even a batch of Mom's (or Tatty's) favorite cookies would work. (I had my daughter send them overseas). Just something that says I love you is enough. I picture or a note goes a long way!!!! My kids have done that for us, and I LOVE my snap fish book and I love my collage of pictures. It means so much to me. The poem my kids once made me is also so special.

Again, just an idea. Your in laws are already very lucky that you are wanting to do this!!

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 2:23 pm
So nice to have in laws like that!

mummiedearest

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 2:24 pm
buy an assortment of different types of honey for them. you can get them honeycomb as well as honey from different flowers, creamed honey, raw honey. you can also buy them an assortment of apple varieties to try, they really have different flavors. put it all in a nice basket with a note for a happy sweet new year.

tichellady

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 2:35 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
buy an assortment of different types of honey for them. you can get them honeycomb as well as honey from different flowers, creamed honey, raw honey. you can also buy them an assortment of apple varieties to try, they really have different flavors. put it all in a nice basket with a note for a happy sweet new year.
Like this idea, only thing I would add is to say " thanks for making our life so sweet, we love you, wishing you a sweet new year."
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics