Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Resources for Separated Women

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 2:57 am
I live in Jerusalem. Separated for a few months. Getting divorced but don't know when. Have a few children. What am I supposed to be doing technically regarding government offices? Do I need to go to Misrad Hapnim, Bituach Leumi, Iriya to report that? Right now I don't pay any BL or for the Kupa because we're listed as married and my husband has been covering that. Will I have more expenses if I report that we're separated? I moved apartments and I need to pay Arnona as separated. Still haven't changed my address officially. Do I need to change my status somewhere? I'm not sure how all this works. Anyone been there done that?

Also, are there any resources for separated women?
Any discounts?

Teomima

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 7:31 am
There's an awesome Facebook group of great women who are very supportive and helpful (dh about and I were separated and headed towards divorce a few years back, but have since reconciled). I don't remember the name though, I'm very sorry. If you know any other local single moms on FB ask if they can hook you up (I think is a secret group).

If you go to the various offices and explain your situation, someone can probably help, and your lawyer should be able to help point you in the right direction. You can also ask a women's resource, like Na'amat, or a legal resource like kol zchut.

amother
Ginger

Post Sat, Sep 17 2016, 1:45 pm
Thanks, but I'm not on Facebook (and my lawyer is not particularly helpful.) Anybody else been separated in Israel that can give me some direction? I don't have time to run around. I barely have time to do the basics.

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Sat, Sep 17 2016, 5:28 pm
I haven't been there, done that, but if you have your own apartment and you have several kids, you would probably get a discount on your arnona as a single mother.

Kitzbat yeladim goes to the mother, so if you now have a separate bank account, you should let B"L know your new bank account info so that the money goes in your new account.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions