Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cell Phone Service in Israel for Vacation

FS613

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 12:00 pm
Has anyone had experience with Cell Phone Service in Israel for a Tourist for a vacation 14 days or under, at 2016 prices, if you use your own cell phone and just get a SIM card from the service?

There are many services advertised on the Internet; but I'd like to hear opinions from people who've actually had experience with any of these services, and who have also had a virtual USA number, so that people in the USA can call the cell phone in Israel with a USA number.

Thank you.

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 4:22 pm
FS613 wrote:
Has anyone had experience with Cell Phone Service in Israel for a Tourist for a vacation 14 days or under, at 2016 prices, if you use your own cell phone and just get a SIM card from the service?

There are many services advertised on the Internet; but I'd like to hear opinions from people who've actually had experience with any of these services, and who have also had a virtual USA number, so that people in the USA can call the cell phone in Israel with a USA number.

Thank you.

We've used both Talk 'n Save & TravelCell; whatever was the better deal at the time. They both had US numbers and service was fine.

You might want to check with your US carrier though. Mine (Verizon) now has a deal where for $10/day (charged only for days it is actually used) you can use your US phone and US number (and data) just like at home (with it coming off you allotment for your regular plan). Worked really well, and end price was less than the other services after all of their extra charges. You continue to get all your regular calls normally. The only 2 disadvantages are 1) Israeli callers need to dial your US number to call you, and 2) US callers that don't know you're away may call you at US times, like in the middle of the night (not a problem for us as we turn off the phones at night). I wouldn't do it any other way now. You can even switch between different Israeli carriers based on what has better service where you are (technically it auto switches as needed, but some times we found a manual switch was better).

theotherone

Post Sat, Sep 17 2016, 9:12 pm
Have used talk n save, amigo, and most recently cheap talk Israel.
Cheap talk Israel was the easiest and cheapest billing wise.

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Sep 17 2016, 9:37 pm
I have T-Mobile (anon because I have discussed this IRL) and it comes with international service - free texting and data, and calling at something like 20-25 cents per minute, comparable to most vacation-rental phone services. Works fine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics