Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
ISO GARLIC DIP

Chew21

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 2:59 pm
Anyone have an amazing garlic dip recipe??? Thanks!

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 3:18 pm
Here's the easy one I make:

Garlic Heads in Olive Oil

Take 1 or 2 (or more) full heads of garlic and cut in half through all the individual cloves. Heads with large cloves work best. Peel off as much of the outer skins as will come off easily. Usually I separate and completely peel the cloves from the top half of the heads, but leave the bottom halves intact. Place in a small baking dish — I use an au gratin pan. Pour olive oil over the heads. I use about 1/4 cup of oil. Bake at 350° uncovered for about an hour until they brown (but not burn).

Some people prefer to cover the pan while baking — they come out softer and mushier, more steamed — mine are more roasted.

naomi2

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 3:20 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Here's the easy one I make:

Garlic Heads in Olive Oil

Take 1 or 2 (or more) full heads of garlic and cut in half through all the individual cloves. Heads with large cloves work best. Peel off as much of the outer skins as will come off easily. Usually I separate and completely peel the cloves from the top half of the heads, but leave the bottom halves intact. Place in a small baking dish — I use an au gratin pan. Pour olive oil over the heads. I use about 1/4 cup of oil. Bake at 350° uncovered for about an hour until they brown (but not burn).

Some people prefer to cover the pan while baking — they come out softer and mushier, more steamed — mine are more roasted.

I used to do that. now I buy a large container of peeled garlic and roast a bunch of cloves covered in a small pan with lots of olive oil. and some salt. yum!

Chew21

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 3:24 pm
Thank you everyone!!

nancy

Post Sat, Sep 03 2016, 10:16 pm
naomi2 wrote:
I used to do that. now I buy a large container of peeled garlic and roast a bunch of cloves covered in a small pan with lots of olive oil. and some salt. yum!

Sounds so good! How long do you roast for and on what degree?

Snickers18

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 6:35 pm
I have one that is always devoured, if you don't mind slightly more labor intensive.

naomi2

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 7:42 am
nancy wrote:
Sounds so good! How long do you roast for and on what degree?

Whatever the oven is on 350 to 400 until it looks light brown and soft. I don't ever time it sorry
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics