Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Girls schools in Lakewood

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 12:32 am
Hi we are thinking of moving to Lakewood & we need to apply for my girls to school but we're clueless on where to start.
My girls currently go to Bais Yaakov in BP.
We consider ourselves heimish.
I would appreciate if you can offer as much information as you can regarding schools.
Thanks.

energybar

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 2:04 am
As you may know, it is extremely difficult to get into schools here . Even for those living here. If you want a heimish school, either Tiferes chaya or keser bais Yaakov(newer- but established and probably only till grade 3 or 4) are great choices. (parent body mostly consists of mothers that grew up in BP area (and went to BY or vein- back in the day!) and consider themselves heimish. If you don't wanna go that route, there is bais tova, (its huge) which has a great name and great curriculum. Though, in my opinion its more upper class and hard to get ur foot in the door.. (unless you have $$ of course) if you don't particularly need a heimish school maybe look into bnos penina- I don't know much about how the school is run though I do know its easier to get in and they have all types. Hatzlacha!!

Chayalle

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 6:13 pm
Someone gave me this advice way back when I was looking into schools - talk to your friends who live in Lakewood, and see where they send. That will tell you a bit about what you may be looking for. Aim for the middle in terms of hashkafa/type.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics