Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
This is for you if you co-sleep
Previous  1  2

ceebee

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 1:51 am
I am still co sleeping with my 13 month old. To those who ask what are the benefits - it keeps up the nursing and bonding relationship. I also get more sleep than having to physically get out of the bed in middle of the night to retrieve baby from a crib.

Ima2

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 2:19 am
thank you everyone for your suggestions! bed rails won't help unless I get them around the perimeter of the bed...she fell off the foot of the bed! so basically there is nothing else to do but either put the mattress on the floor (no room for that in our room) or transfer her to the crib (I have a bed side cosleeper). oh brother!

myname1

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 7:56 am
You said she rolls over your pillows, but what about a stack of blankets at the edge? We used to have a stack of suitcases at one end and sometimes put a chair where there's a gap. You could also put a rattle or some noisy toy in her path to help wake you up. I guess it depends what your positions are. I would just look at what she did and block it for next time.

morningsickness

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 4:14 pm
Beware of blocking the bed with pillows or piles of blankets. I knew an 8 month old who rolled off her mom's bed onto a pile of clothes and died of suffocation, r"l.

I used to put the crib right next to my bed, that way, all I had to do was roll over and lift baby out. I then nursed lying down. I usually would fall asleep and wake up a few hrs. later and place baby in crib. I guess you could say I sorta co-slep but with the added benefit that the babies were used to sleeping in their own crib and fell asleep by themselves. It made transfering them to a diff. room later on much easier.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics