Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Helplease

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 8:34 am
My ds just turned one. He goes to babysitter a full day and so I really count on him getting fed and taking nap there. Unfortunately, fortunately tho, My child is extrmely active and tends to want to play more then sleep or eat. He just wants to go gogo all day and will only pass out a few minutes before I pick him up which means the few hours a day I have with him he's nuts becusse he is so tired but got that little catnap and it's too close to bedtime so can't put him to sleep.
He also won't eat more then a bite or two of food. He is just uninterested. Bh he's a bigger baby though it baffles me because he is never interested in more then 3 bites of food if even that much.....

I'm very frustrated and in need of ideas of how to get him to settle down to be fed and to sleep a little...

Ima2

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 4:35 pm
how long has he been going to this babysitter? if it's just the beginning, then I'd say that it takes some time for your baby to adjust. If not, then I'd say that your babysitter needs to be more makpid that your baby eats and sleeps when he needs to. If she's watching a bunch of kids your child's age, then she should have nap times at the same time and eating times at the same time. esp at that age when everyone has some kind of schedule. otherwise, if your babysitter can't accommodate his needs, then it's possible that you'll have to not spend such quality time together when you get home. Instead use the mornings and weekends as more quality time. most important esp if this is the only time you get together with your child is not to get angry at them and yell...I know, easier said than done esp during that time of the day that every parent dreads. maybe you can give him a dinner that's on the go and eat outside on your deck/patio/balcony/garden/park whatever you have. good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics