Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Washington DC for chol hamoed Succos

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 2:02 pm
We're thinking of going overnight, Has anyone been to DC on Succos? I would really appreciate any general suggestions of where to go, but also, where is there food? Where did you stay? Are there sukkahs to use? Any specific suggestions for boys ten through eighteen? Thanks!!!

doctorima

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 2:19 pm
Haven't been there for Sukkos, but I'd recommend contacting the shul - Keshe Israel - and the restaurant - Char Bar - regarding food and use of a sukkah. The boys should love the Air and Space Museum, and it's free! The Spy Museum should also be great for those ages.

animeme

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 2:33 pm
Are you staying in DC or Silver Spring?

In Silver Spring, one of the main shuls, Young Israel Shomrei Emunah, is on the same parking lot as a kosher pizza place and a big kosher supermarket. I would bet there's a sukkah somewhere there, but you can call to check. The supermarket does prepared food too.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 4:15 pm
animeme wrote:
Are you staying in DC or Silver Spring?

In Silver Spring, one of the main shuls, Young Israel Shomrei Emunah, is on the same parking lot as a kosher pizza place and a big kosher supermarket. I would bet there's a sukkah somewhere there, but you can call to check. The supermarket does prepared food too.
thanks, how far is Silver Spring from DC?

doctorima

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 4:27 pm
It's not so far in miles, but depending on time of day, there can be tons of traffic between them, so anywhere from 30-60 minutes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics