Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
How to keep a 17 month old busy on a long flight

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 4:31 pm
?

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 8:54 pm
Bump

OutATowner

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 9:27 pm
Best thing I ever did was pay an Israeli girl on the flight to "babysit." (follow him as he quietly walked up and down the aisles).
If this won't work-
markers and a notepad.
playdough
textured books or lift the flap
small portions of snacks in little baggies
hatzlacha!

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 9:49 pm
phone or ipad
pushka and pile of pennies (dump out and repeat) - not other things because the next passenger will be happy to find money, not so much to find raisins/pom poms/etc in their seat
mirror
magnadoodle
magnatiles
toy car and mentchie (they may get lost though)

yidisheh mama

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 9:58 pm
I traveled w child that age recently. This is what we did
walk aound a lot on plane
coloring book w crayons
download some child friendly videos/games to your phone/tablet (didnt even end up using it)
dont let dc nap before flying so s/he gets a full nights sleep on plane.
oh, and dont forget blanket and 2 changes of clothes...

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 9:58 pm
I was thinking what toys can I get but don't know because everything will fall on the floor and will get lost so no point so I'm really not sure

momx6

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 12:15 am
Magnadoodle! No mess involved

Zehava

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 9:53 am
Not napping them=bad idea. He will be too excited by the plane to sleep and will be cranky to boot.
Make sure to take enough food. Rather too much than too little. He may not like the airplane meals and a hungry child is an unhappy child.
I used the crayola color wonder for slightly older children but it could work if you help him out.
Child size headphones with an adapter for the plane. Just fiddling around with the inflight screen can keep him busy as well.
Either way, I have found that this is the hardest age to fly with a child. Too old to stay in a car seat/bassinet, to young to stay occupied for long. So good luck and remember that though it's never fun it does get easier.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 10:53 am
Zehava wrote:
Not napping them=bad idea. He will be too excited by the plane to sleep and will be cranky to boot.
Make sure to take enough food. Rather too much than too little. He may not like the airplane meals and a hungry child is an unhappy child.
I used the crayola color wonder for slightly older children but it could work if you help him out.
Child size headphones with an adapter for the plane. Just fiddling around with the inflight screen can keep him busy as well.
Either way, I have found that this is the hardest age to fly with a child. Too old to stay in a car seat/bassinet, to young to stay occupied for long. So good luck and remember that though it's never fun it does get easier.

Thank you. What headphones are good for little kids?

Zehava

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 12:13 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you. What headphones are good for little kids?

Do a search on amazon there are many out there. They are child size and are designed to not go past a certain volume so as not to damage little childrens ears.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics