Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
All balabastes please share your secret to getting stainsout

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 4:27 pm
What's your trick to getting your children's clothes stain free?!

imasinger

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 4:30 pm
What are they stained with? Different fabrics and different sources work differently. Some stains, like grass or formula, are very difficult to get out altogether, though there are tricks.

Rubbing detergent into the stain and allowing it to dry in sunlight, then washing normally, often works.

yogabird

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 4:44 pm
Soaking in oxy clean and hot water for 6 hours at the recommended concentration generally works for me.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 5:27 pm
I always start with a wet garment in the sink and rub dawn blue dish soap into my palms to rub over the stains. The reason for this is that most of the kids stains are grease/chocolate/food/dirt related which gets broken down by the dawn. Then I let it sit for a bit and I come back to scrub out the stain with a toothbrush. Rinse fully from the soap. And then stick into the washing machine to wash as usual.
*If it doesn't come out when I scrub it with the brush, then I either add more and let it sit longer, or start with another solution like oxi clean dissolved in boiling hot water (for appropriate fabrics and not for a garment that has metal ornaments).

luckywife

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 6:29 pm
I use oxi clean gel stick it works well

sourstix

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 7:27 pm
as soon as my kids take off thier clothes I spray shout on the stains and throw in the hamper. then when I wash it all comes off usually. because the shout was there to block the stains from setting in. sometimes I add oxi ontop of it and rub it in. I sometimes us oxygen. its an israeli strong detergent. it works alot of times but not always.

r hirsch

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 7:31 pm
There is a new product called dazzle that's safe for colored fabrics that works miracles.

LittleDucky

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 7:55 pm
yogabird wrote:
Soaking in oxy clean and hot water for 6 hours at the recommended concentration generally works for me.

Warning- this can cause colors to bleed. I had a garment that I did this with ended up with blue where it should have been white... And it had been washed many times.
I use oxi clean but with cold water and let it sit overnight... More than 6 hours. Usually works.

I also rub detergent in (after rinsing oxi clean out or before trying that method) and let it sit for a while, then scrub out.

I try to treat it fresh too.

These work usually but I'm no balabuste Tongue Out

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 7:33 am
Where to you get?

Shemen Zayit

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 8:07 am
Oxygen is an excellent product for stain removal.
Great for white shirts as well.
Available in Israel.

Elizabeth W

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 2:28 pm
I Use Shout - it works wonderfully!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics