Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Lev Tahor - Compound Raided, Children Taken
Previous  1  2

Hatemywig

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 9:08 pm
I can only hope and pray that someone behind the scenes with a lot of money and influence, like a government or two, has managed to cause this step as the first of many to help rescue these poor children.

happybeingamom

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 1:54 pm
Maya wrote:
I wish there would be religious leaders who give a cr*p about this, and who would be willing to get involved in the placement of the children.
Sadly, no one cared then and probably no one cares now.

What power does an outside Rabbi have? Helbrans will say the Rabbi is the Satan in disguise. Sadly this can only be handled legally.

Maya

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 1:58 pm
happybeingamom wrote:
What power does an outside Rabbi have? Helbrans will say the Rabbi is the Satan in disguise. Sadly this can only be handled legally.

We need leaders to work with the Guatemalan government, not with Helbranz.

happybeingamom

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 2:59 pm
Maya wrote:
We need leaders to work with the Guatemalan government, not with Helbranz.

On what legal basis do these leaders have. The only thing I can think of is that the Agudah should get involved as they are a world wide organization.

We really need someone who know Guatemalan family law.

Maya

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 3:13 pm
happybeingamom wrote:
On what legal basis do these leaders have. The only thing I can think of is that the Agudah should get involved as they are a world wide organization.

We really need someone who know Guatemalan family law.

Community activism is not always about the law. If someone advocates for these children, the authorities might take measures they otherwise wouldn't bother with.

Levtov

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 11:29 pm
Maya, believe me, the rabbonim as well as the public are helpless against these crazy cult people. Their mind is soooo twisted that they cannot be rehabilitated. Hopefully the children will be returned to Canada without their parents....Hopefully they can be saved.
My friend's close relative left a wonderful family to marry a 17 year old girl. The family and rabonim tried to knock some brains into him not to leave his beautiful family TO NO AVAIL. Then they ran to Canada, Ontario, and Guatemala...where nobody could reach them. They lived in squalor and deprivation...Hashem Yerachem

cbg

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 11:46 pm
What about the Israeli embassy in Guatemala can't they get involved.
Don't know on what grounds only that the kids are Jewish and placed in Jewish homes

Sadie

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 12:28 am
cbg wrote:
What about the Israeli embassy in Guatemala can't they get involved.
Don't know on what grounds only that the kids are Jewish and placed in Jewish homes

I read in haaretz that the Guatemalan authorities are already cooperating with the Israeli authorities. Don't remember the details, but they're involved.

Eta, they're probably involved on the grounds that Helbrans is Israeli and some of the families are too.

busymother

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 8:01 pm
Anyone know if there are any updates? Where are the kids now? Can't stop thinking about those poor children.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics