Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Help my baby wont sleep!!

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 10:54 pm
He woke up to nurse at 12am and its 2 hours later and he can't fall asleep.
He keeps trying to fall asleep gets all sleepy during nursing which I've nursed him at least 10 times but every time jerks awake again.
I've walked him and rocked him and shushedhim. And lethim play. And he's yawning but won't fall asleep.
He's 9 months old.
He did the same thing last night. And only wentback to sleep after 2 1/2 hrs.

I'm going crazy. Aaaaaaaaaahhhhj

pesek zman

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 6:06 am
Sounds like it's tjme to teach him how to fall asleep on his own. It's an important skill and he's old enough

He's not a 3 month old infant who needs to be rocked to sleep.

If he's not hungry or sick you don't need to keep nursing him

Put him in his bed and walk out of the room

He will figure it out

lucky14

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 9:07 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Sounds like it's tjme to teach him how to fall asleep on his own. It's an important skill and he's old enough

He's not a 3 month old infant who needs to be rocked to sleep.

If he's not hungry or sick you don't need to keep nursing him

Put him in his bed and walk out of the room

He will figure it out

I agree. Mine goes to sleep around 7 and I don't take him out of his crib until morning unless his diaper had leaked (if he was sick or in distress I would too). Just recently stopped feeding him his night-time feed. I was in your situation months ago, and "dealt with it" back then, and he adjusted really well. I highly suggest reading a sleep book and following through with it for both of you to be able to sleep well. Sweet dreams to come soon hopefully Smile

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 10:02 pm
Op I am in the same exact situation with my daughter 6 months.. Going crazy! She wakes up screeching with half closed eyes.. What's her issue!!?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 10:34 pm
Hi! I am not the op but have the same issue. What sleep book do you recommend?

lucky14 wrote:
I agree. Mine goes to sleep around 7 and I don't take him out of his crib until morning unless his diaper had leaked (if he was sick or in distress I would too). Just recently stopped feeding him his night-time feed. I was in your situation months ago, and "dealt with it" back then, and he adjusted really well. I highly suggest reading a sleep book and following through with it for both of you to be able to sleep well. Sweet dreams to come soon hopefully Smile

lucky14

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 3:32 am
amother wrote:
Hi! I am not the op but have the same issue. What sleep book do you recommend?

Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. It's a cry-it-out method, but he talks about different versions some being less "extreme". personally we go in to give our baby his pacifier and tell him it's time to sleep now(though the first couple of nights we did leave him to cry after giving him his paci a couple of times. He didn't cry for long btw). I also read the baby whisperer and found that informative and some parts useful (like her routine), but in the end Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child is what helped me get my baby to go to sleep.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 5:38 am
Thank you'. Will read.

lucky14 wrote:
Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. It's a cry-it-out method, but he talks about different versions some being less "extreme". personally we go in to give our baby his pacifier and tell him it's time to sleep now(though the first couple of nights we did leave him to cry after giving him his paci a couple of times. He didn't cry for long btw). I also read the baby whisperer and found that informative and some parts useful (like her routine), but in the end Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child is what helped me get my baby to go to sleep.

simcha2

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 5:46 am
Babies go through a nine month sleep regression, could be that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics