Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
PTACH program in chaim berlin

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 6:21 am
I am considering this for my son. I am very concerned that he will be labeled a "dummy" by his peers. Does anyone have any experience with this program that they can share? Thanks.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 11:01 pm
Bump

reality mom

Post Tue, Nov 01 2016, 12:22 am
My friends son is in the program.
She had the same concerns, as did her son. Turns out he is very happy.
The boys are in a separate class AFAIK.

amother
Stone

Post Sat, Feb 12 2022, 7:19 pm
Interested in more info as well. What’s the difference between this and Sinia?

amother
Kiwi

Post Sat, Feb 12 2022, 9:21 pm
I worked in chaim berlin ptach program a long time ago so I don't have current info, but It is more yeshivish and not co-ed as is Sinai. Great people running both programs. Ptach in Chaim Berlin probably does more mainstreaming than sinai unless you push them to integrate.In Sinai they are included in mostly lunch, extracurriculars, programs etc.
My son is in Sinai and has basically been there from 1st grade and up. Excellent school run professionally. They are in modern dayschools so co-ed til high school. They really build each kid according to their strengths and help them be as good at the subject as they can be.

amother
Stone

Post Sat, Feb 12 2022, 9:45 pm
amother [ Kiwi ] wrote:
I worked in chaim berlin ptach program a long time ago so I don't have current info, but It is more yeshivish and not co-ed as is Sinai. Great people running both programs. Ptach in Chaim Berlin probably does more mainstreaming than sinai unless you push them to integrate.In Sinai they are included in mostly lunch, extracurriculars, programs etc.
My son is in Sinai and has basically been there from 1st grade and up. Excellent school run professionally. They are in modern dayschools so co-ed til high school. They really build each kid according to their strengths and help them be as good at the subject as they can be.

Thank you so much. We’re looking into Sinai in kushner although it is a bit more modern than we’d prefer (however we are also not yeshivish like Chaim Berlin). Would love to here more about your sons experience and how they’ve helped him academically. What do you mean that petach does more mainstreaming? I would like my son mainstreamed as much as possible and also with kids who have learning struggles like he has (as opposed to various other diagnoses).

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sat, Feb 12 2022, 10:03 pm
Sinai does have students from Lakewood and Brooklyn. Sinai at Heichal would be the most religious high school out of the Sinai programs .

amother
Kiwi

Post Sat, Feb 12 2022, 10:29 pm
If your son has the ability to keep up to grade levels in certain subjects, he will be mainstreamed for those in chaim berlin. In Sinai youll need to push them more to make that happen. My son was in kushner and ms karp is amazing and has been there for decades and knows how each kid tics. Its a great program. Heichal is a high school and actually for sinai students, a post high school program . All elementary programs are co- ed . But he was in tabc and heichal so he had more segregated high school and post high school as religiously like our family.

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Feb 13 2022, 7:56 am
Thank you! Who do I speak to from sinia regarding visiting the school and meeting my son to assess if they feel he’s a good fit for their program?

amother
Kiwi

Post Sun, Feb 13 2022, 12:01 pm
Sinai 's office number is
1-201-833-1134
You can speak to Rabbi Rothwachs.
Good luck!

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Feb 13 2022, 12:28 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
Thank you so much. We’re looking into Sinai in kushner although it is a bit more modern than we’d prefer (however we are also not yeshivish like Chaim Berlin). Would love to here more about your sons experience and how they’ve helped him academically. What do you mean that petach does more mainstreaming? I would like my son mainstreamed as much as possible and also with kids who have learning struggles like he has (as opposed to various other diagnoses).

Not sure where you live, but there a Sinai program in Rynj in North Jersey that's farther right than kushner.

Kids are Mainstreamed where appropriate AFAIK

amother
Kiwi

Post Sun, Feb 13 2022, 1:05 pm
When you contact Sinai office they will discuss the programs with you. It's not always shayach to place a child in an rynj class as it has to do with the right academic/ social fit. You can let them know your preference.

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 12:20 pm
Anyone have contact info and more info about Ptach program?

amother
Marigold

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 12:40 pm
Sinai helped my friends child academically very well. (at Kushner)
Judy is amazing!

Religously was a bit challanging, and kids come from rich homes and kid wanted clothing to match. (girl)

Sinai School staff and special ed help is superb. Admin and finance are metchlach.

Student didnt have success or Nachas with Ptach who was money hungry, (this is the admin, not the location), sent parents to collect more and more funds, and did NOT treat child with respect or attended to child academic needs. It was a disaster. (and much drama that require constact intervention of Rav of family, bc school would not listern to parents concerns.
Ptach also told parents "we need more academic kids".

Sinai helps improve skills.

Hatzlacha

amother
Kiwi

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 12:53 pm
My son b"h had Jake Weinstein a"h who guided him religiously. I'm not sure who is filling his shoes in terms of that. Financially Sinai helped us get a lwyer and fight the boe to get funding ( in nj). They are really mensclach agreed! So understanding of child and families needs!

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 1:01 pm
This was definitely helpful, I’m sticking with looking into sinia for now!! Thank you So much to both of you for saving me so much extra stress in this very stressful ordeal
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics