Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Best carseat

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 9:39 am
With my first I bought the standard infant Graco car seat and then kept having to buy ones until my son reached the booster seat level. I keep seeing these four in one car seats being advertised supposed to last a car seat lifetime. Has anyone had any experience with these? Do they actually work? Do they compromised on safety because of their flexibility? And lastly are you able to use a snap and go with these kinds of car seats? What is your favorite car seat? I am not looking to be cheap I want the safest.

HonesttoGod

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 9:48 am
There are many different car seats they are all "best" for different reasons.

I believe the three top convertibles are the Clek, Diono and Britax.
I may be wrong. It also depends what features are most important to you. And no the flexibility does not make it less safe. If anything they work harder on making sure it is 100% safe.

Check thecarseatlady.com she has excellent recommendations.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 9:59 am
There's no one best, it really depends on your needs. All car seats meet the same basic safety standards, so the all in one is not less safe.
I have a diono radian. It's heavy, can be difficult to install properly, but it is very narrow and overall a good seat.

A convertible car seat or 4 in 1 cannot go on a snap and go. Only infant car seats can. Plus they don't have a carrying handle and they're really not meant for bringing in and out of the car constantly like an infant seat, which is why people often start off with the infant car seat rather than a convertible.

LittleDucky

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 10:01 am
You cannot use a snap and go with them. They look like regular convertible car seats but are made to adjust to the different ages/sizes.
They are heavy so you will need one per car, rather than an infant carrier that easily moves.
The benefit is the cost- one car seat and you are done. Just adjust for different sizes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics