Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My kid has 106 fever!!
Previous  1  2  3

bfg

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 5:54 am
As a child, I would get penicillin shot - maybe old fashioned, but, injectibles could be momentarily unwanted by child, but a way to get accurate dose, when urgent

Butterfly

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 7:09 am
Wow what a scare, OP!

Hopefully your child is doing much better by now bezr'H.

And now, just a suggestion;

You may want to try to add certain vitamin / herbs supplements to his diet which may hopefully strengthen his immune system.

You may want to discuss your child's specific issues with a licenced nutritionist who can personally guide you with alternative healing methods; I.e. vitamins / herb supplements, in order to strengthen his/her immune system.

It is also highly recommended (by MD'd as well) to consume acidophilus / probiotics after taking antibiotics, because while the medicine works to kill the infection it can also reduce (kill ch'v) some of the healthy blood cells which causes weakening within the immune system, resulting in frequent illness...

Probiotics helps rebuild healthy blood cells in the body and also strengthens the resistance to frequent illnesses bezr'H

May you see lots of nachas from your children in 'Good Health' always bezr'H!

Lizajen

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 7:23 am
I also remember giving medicine, and then blowing once, on my kids,face which caused him/her to automatically swallow.

happyone

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 9:53 am
If your childs culure ends up negative, and he keeps having recurrent unexplained fevers please ask your doctor to test for periodic fever aka familial mediterranean fever .

sushi galore

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 10:01 am
Op, if you read this, it could very possibly be roseola fever. It's a viral infection in young kids, which comes with very high fever. Can have a body rash too. It's very important you make sure he's well hydrated. Refua shlaima.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 10:03 am
Could also be scarlet fever - my daughter had it earlier this year, it's strep throat with a fever and rash.

greenfire

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 10:07 am
there are 2 ways to give a child medicine ... either hold their head against your chest not laying not straight up - slightly angled & with a dropper on the side of their cheek so that they don't gag

or in a shot glass style medicine cup with a chaser of juice - sip of medicine wash down with juice - repeat till it's all done ... they are more in control and the flavor of the juice covers up the bad taste of the medicine and you know when the medicine is actually all down

refuah shelaima

Miri7

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 11:38 am
I have also had to give DC augmentin. It was horrible! I think I ended up making milkshakes. Let child sip the milkshake to see its yummy, then squirt in the augmentin and chase it with milkshake.

Make the milkshake a bit runny so he can slurp it down.

When giving the meds, put the end of the dropper at the back cheek by the back molar teeth. This way it doesn't go over the toungue so much and it doesn't taste as bad....

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 12:26 pm
Butterfly wrote:
Wow what a scare, OP!

Hopefully your child is doing much better by now bezr'H.

And now, just a suggestion;

You may want to try to add certain vitamin / herbs supplements to his diet which may hopefully strengthen his immune system.

You may want to discuss your child's specific issues with a licenced nutritionist who can personally guide you with alternative healing methods; I.e. vitamins / herb supplements, in order to strengthen his/her immune system.

It is also highly recommended (by MD'd as well) to consume acidophilus / probiotics after taking antibiotics, because while the medicine works to kill the infection it can also reduce (kill ch'v) some of the healthy blood cells which causes weakening within the immune system, resulting in frequent illness...

Probiotics helps rebuild healthy blood cells in the body and also strengthens the resistance to frequent illnesses bezr'H

May you see lots of nachas from your children in 'Good Health' always bezr'H!

Antibiotics kill bacteria. That's what they're designed to do. But they don't know what bacteria is good, and what is bad. So they can destroy helpful gut bacteria, resulting in intestinal distress. The probiotics assist in the maintenance of helpful bacteria, and prohibit the growth of bad gut bacteria.

Nothing to do with blood cells at all.

Butterfly

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 2:55 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Antibiotics kill bacteria. That's what they're designed to do. But they don't know what bacteria is good, and what is bad. So they can destroy helpful gut bacteria, resulting in intestinal distress. The probiotics assist in the maintenance of helpful bacteria, and prohibit the growth of bad gut bacteria.

Nothing to do with blood cells at all.

You are absolutely right.

Thank you for the corrections. Smile

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 3:33 pm
Thanks to all of you lovely ladies who took the time to reply!! I appreciate it so much!

I'm busy now, it's erev shabbos, I just wanted to say that he's finally much better BH. He took the medicine MUCH BETTER today , still hard, but not to compare to yesterday BH!!

His fever is down , thank god. At night he still had high fever, cried.... But it seems history for now Smile

All of your suggestions gave me lots of insight. I appreciate it.

I still want to reply to some of your comments, after shabbos IYH. Very Happy

Oman to all your broches!! Gut shabbos to you all!! Hooray
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics